Wondering what to take?
Should you take classes in any particular order?
Have a look to the left (or below) at the suggested scheudles.
Are all classes offered each semester? No, sorry. Our classes are offered only one time each year.
When are they offered, what day and time?
Nothing is guaranteed but we try very hard to make it simple to start and complete your studies here but knowing what to take when is always a challenge
Typical Fall Classes
- Hort 1A Basic Horticulture (Tuesday Evening and Wed or Sat Lab - day)
- Hort 2 Soils (Tues and Thur - day)
- Hort 52 Greenhouse Design and Operation (Evening)
- Hort 62 Plant Materials and Design (Tuesday lab day, Tuesday Lec evening)
- Hort 65 Design Graphics (Monday - day)
- Hort 70 Organic Agriculture (Friday - day)
- Hort 100A Plant Propagation (Monday - day)
- Hort 164 California Native Plants and Plant Communities (Thurs - day)
- Hort 175 Sustainable Landscaping (Wednesday - day)
Typical Spring Classes
- Hort 1B Basic Hort - Crop Production (Wednesday - day)
- Hort 54 Business Aspects of Horticulture (Wednesday - day)
- Hort 58 Irrigation ( Friday day)
- Hort 63 Plant Materials and Design (Tuesday lab day, Tuesday evening lecture )
- Hort 66 Landscape Design (Monday - day)
- Hort 71 Organic Food Production 1 (Tuesday lab day, Thursday evening lecture)
- Hort 125 Hydroponics (Monday - day)
- Hort 150 Pest Management (Tues and Thurs. - day)
- Hort 162 PR Pruning (Sat - day, 4 weeks)
- Hort 160B Edible Landscaping (Wednesday evening)
- Hort 172 Arboriculture (Thursday - day)
Typical Summer Class
- Hort 72 Organic Food Production 2