As this will be my final year on the Student Senate, it is my goal to model the way for future Senators. I am determined to set a precedent for future students with all abilities to become student leaders themselves.
Over the past two years I have:
- Been extremely active within the senate and have chaired several committees that have made positive impacts in both the community and to all students on campus.
- As the chair for the Second Harvest committee, we brought in over 7,000 pounds of food this past year that went to feed the hungry in our community.
- Been a dependable and reliable source for all senators and students to come to when seeking advice or help.
- Interacted with state legislatures and have directly challenged administration by voicing student concerns regarding our education.
My goals for the coming year are:
- To keep communications open between students, faculty, staff, administration and the community at large. I also will ensure that all students are represented, no matter what their abilities are.
- I will be available for students and senators to talk to about issues that are important to them. I believe it is important to be encouraging and have a supportive environment to foster their leadership potential.
- I will work collaboratively with the Student Senate President in ensuring that the senate succeeds and business is conducted smoothly and in an orderly fashion. Together, we will build a stronger senate and see to it that all factions of students are equally represented.
Overall, it is my hope to create a shared vision within the Student Senate that will be encouraging of both the heart and mind to properly represent Cabrillo’s Student Body during these budget reductions.