ZOFO Piano Duet
Friday, March 21
Tickets: $30 general
$20 for students
$10 for music students
Cabrillo Samper Recital Hall
Internationally acclaimed solo pianists EVA MARIA ZIMMERMANN and KEISUKE NAKAGOSHI ZOFO have electrified audiences from Carnegie Hall to Osaka Japan with their dazzling artistry and outside the box thematic programming for piano four hands. This Grammy nominated, prize winning Steinway Artist Ensemble one of only a handful of duos worldwide devoted exclusively to piano duets is blazing a bold new path for piano four hands groups by focusing on 20th and 21st century repertoire and by commissioning new works from noted composers each year.
ZOFO, which is shorthand for 20 finger orchestra (ZO=20 and FO=finger orchestra), also performs heart pumping duet arrangements of famous orchestral pieces such as Stravinsky’s “Rite of Spring,” exploring the realms in which many composers first experienced their symphonic visions.
- George Gershwin (1898-1937): Cuban Overture (1932)
- Allen Shawn (b.1948): Three Dance Portraits (1994)
- Samuel Barber (1910-1981): Souvenirs Op.28 (1951)
- Urmas Sisask (b. 1960): The Milky Way
- Gustav Holst (1874-1935): The Planets excerpts (Mars, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter)