Co-chairs: Katie Dowling
, Sesario Escoto
, Sue Torres
Membership: Rachel Mayo
, Joe Clarke
, Tasha Sturm
and student representative, Laura Hunerberg.
Goals and Objectives: To be developed
- Security and Safety Issues
- Student and Employee Injury Reporting
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Smoking Policy
Blood Borne Pathogen Training
- Initial round of "Train the Trainer " BBP training sessions to be completed by June 2001
- Review of BBP exposure risk categorization of all employees and student programs will be completed by August 2001. Inventory of current training and Hepatitis B immunization status of incumbents in all Category I and 2 job descriptions.
- Curriculum appropriate to Category I and Category 2 employees to be developed and resource materials identified and obtained by August 1, 2001
- All Category I and Category 2 employees will have documented current BBP training by the end of Fall 200 1.
- Curriculum appropriate to Category I students to be developed and integrated into appropriate instructional programs by end of Fall Semester 2001.
- Reporting Procedure Checklists for BBP exposure will be generated by Student Health Services and Human Resources by the end of August 2001.
- Documentation of Annual Re-training in BBP to be made an ongoing responsibility of departments affected, with documentation forwarded to Personnel Department for inclusion in personnel records.
- Cost: Primarily cost of outstanding Hepatitis B immunizations. To be determined by inventory of current incumbents in Category I and 2 job descriptions.
- Resource materials for on-going training, updated videos, etc. Videos and resource materials estimated to cost up to $500 annually.
First Aid Issues
- First Aid Flip Charts to be distributed by start of Fall Semester 2001.
- Survey of departments regarding current state of First Aid Kits to be distributed and need for additional supplies determined by end of Fiscal Year.
- Cost: First Aid Flip Charts already budgeted and paid for. First Aid Kit costs TBD by survey.
Workers Comp Issues
- Quarterly reporting of Worker's Comp injuries to this subcommittee by personnel staff, categorized by type of injury, time lost to work, classified vs. faculty and management categories.
- Quarterly review by this committee of Sharps Injury Logs (Employees and Students).
- Annual Reporting of above statistics and recommendations for training based on reports to full Safety Committee.
- Cost: None anticipated in reporting; reports may generate additional needs for funds through recommendations of changes in work practices or patterns.
- Complete development of Campus-wide IIPP program and disseminate by Flex Week, Fall 2001.
- Cost: Consultant fees for development of plan.
Employee Health Program
- Survey faculty and staff for interest in addi tional campus based wellness services and opportunities by the beginning of Fall Semester 2001. Make recommendations to Safety Committee as a whole at end of Fall Semester, 2001.
- Cost: TBD by recommendations of subcommittee.