Exam Proctoring Services
Location: Assessment Center, SAC West 200
Hours: exam proctoring by appointment only, M-TH, 9am-4pm, F, 9am-12pm
Exam Proctoring for non-Cabrillo Students
Cabrillo College Assessment Center offers fee-based proctoring services: $35 for the first hour and $25 for every hour after that. We accept cash or checks only. Payment is due at the completion of the exam. Administration services, exam printing and postage are included.
Cabrillo is a participant in the NCTA Consortium of College Testing Centers and a certified proctor for: BYU Independent Study, Golden Gate University, Western Governors University, UC Berkeley and Harvard University. Is your school not listed here? Check with your home institution to see if you can have your exams proctored at Cabrillo. To have an exam proctored at Cabrillo you must first make arrangements with your home institution, then contact Cabrillo College to make an appointment. We are able to proctor paper/pencil and web-based exams.
Need to take an assessment for another school? For a flat fee of $45 we offer eCompass Remote and Accuplacer Remote assessment/placement testing. You must register with your home institution and then make an appointment with us to take their assessment.
Scheduling Your Exam
- You are responsible for notifying your instructor and/or institution and requesting that exam be send to Cabrillo College.
- After you have requested the exam, you are responsible for making an appointment. Call 831.479.6165 or click here to request an appointment
- Exams are scheduled: M-TH, 9am-4pm, F, 9am-12pm. All exams must be completed by closing time.
- Exams are scheduled around the regular assessment services provided by Cabrillo College.
- We require permission from your instructor to proctor exams past the testing window/exam due date.
- If you need to cancel or re-schedule, please notify the Assessment Center @ 831.479-6165.
- On the day of the exam arrive 10 minutes early.
- Photo ID required to take all exams.
- Exams and web site passwords must be delivered directly from your home institution or instructor to the Cabrillo College Assessment Center via email: email@example.com or mail a hardcopy to:
Assessment Center, SAC West 200
6500 Soquel Drive
Aptos CA 95003
- Hardcopy exams will be mailed or scanned and emailed back to the home institution directly from Cabrillo within 24 hours from completion.
- All exams/passwords are kept in our locked office until the student arrives to take the exam.
- Personal electronic devices, cell phones, food or beverages are NOT allowed in the Assessment Center.
- All personal items will be stored away from the testing area and cannot be accessed during the exam.
- Scantrons and blue books are not provided.
- If allowed within the exam guidelines and with permission from a staff member breaks may be taken and bathroom facilities may be accessed. Talking is not allowed during the exam.
- Professional language and behavior is expected at all times.
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in a suspension of proctoring services
Exam proctoring for Cabrillo students with verified accommodations
Cabrillo College does provide proctoring services for Cabrillo students with verified accommodations. For more information, please call:
Disabled Student Programs and Services
(831) 479-6379 or (831) 479-6370
(831) 479-6421 (TTY for hearing impaired)