Cabrillo Extension Classes
Leading and Managing Change
Leading and Managing Change Series- Spring 2014
To lead, is to lead change! With constant environmental , technological, regulatory and demongraphic changes, good leaders must be adept at inspiring others and enabling them to act. In this short series, we will dive into change dynamics, and you will learn how to drive and direct change efforts more effectively.
Dates: Mondays, April 28 - May 19
Times: 1 - 4:30pm
Location: Classes are held in the 1500 Bldg., 2nd floor, Room 1522
Take ALL THREE MODULES for just $245!
Instructor: The Leading and Managing Change Series is facilitated by Claire Laughlin.
Understanding Change Dynamics
What is change? Why are some changes easy while others are difficult? In this class you will:
Date: Monday, April 28
- Learn about the dynamics of change on a personal level
- Build empathy for others who appear resistant to change
- Understand and apply a neuroscience-based approach to change
- Learn and apply a 5 step model that creates the conditions of change
- Practice creating a shared vision that can guide a change effort.
Time: 1 – 4:30 pm
Leading Organizational Change
Driving and supporting change efforts on an organizational level requires a different set of skills. In this 2-part class, you will:
- Identify and address common pitfalls of change leadership
- Identify 3 essential roles of effective change leadership and learn about the competencies required for each.
- Review a simple change acceptance formula that will help you stay focused on the right change leadership activities
- Identify sponsors for your change efforts, and assess their sponsorship skills
- Consider ways to measure the impact of your change efforts
- Work through an 8-Stage method for driving change
Dates: 2 Mondays, May 5 & 12
Time: 1 – 4:30 pm
Coaching Through Change
Let's face it, your organizational change efforts are not effective unless individual people adopt new behaviors and make the change stick. As a leader, you will need to coach others through resistance. In this half-day class, you will:
- Review a neuroscience based approach that informs our reactions to change
- Cultivate your curiosity as a coach.
- Differentiate between situations that require coaching, and those that require performance
- Learn and apply a 4-step coaching method that will help you guide others through resistance and
Date: Monday,May 19
Time: 1:00 - 4:30 pm