How do I Join MESA at Cabrillo?
Sign up to see our MESA Counselor to see if you qualify to become a MESA member. Sign-up binder is located by the door to Rm 832B in the STEM Center.
Criteria for MESA Membership
You Meet All of these Academic Conditions:
- Your major is in one of the areas described here:
- Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum, etc.)
- Computer science
- Life science (Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Agriculture, etc.)
- Physical science (Chemistry, Astronomy, Physics, Oceanography, Geology, etc.)
- Health occupations (pre-med, physical therapy, pre-Vet, pre-Dental etc.)
- You are planning to transfer to a four-year institution to complete your degree
- You are already in or eligible for Math 152 (Intermediate Algebra) or above
- At least one of the following is true
- You are eligible for the community college Board of Governors' Waiver, or BOGW
(Visit the financial aid office and complete the one-page application to determine this)
- You qualify for some other kind of financial aid--state or federal.
What extra benefits will I receive as a MESA Member?
- Invitations to organized feild trips to local 4-year transfer universities (Davis, UCSC, Cal Poly SLO, etc.).
- A secure locker adjacent to the STEM Center, so that you can store your heavy books!
- Free printing.
- An invitation to a FREE 3-day MESA Leadership Retreat during the Spring semester. Where you will have the opportunity to build community, learn from other MESA members from all over the state of California and build leadership skills.