Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content
students in classcampus

Making the Most out of High School

Getting high school credit for a Cabrillo class:

This is called Dual Enrollment (formerly Concurrent Enrollment), and you need to have permission from your high school to attend Cabrillo - Check with your high school counselor.

Science courses: If the course is NOT OFFERED at your high school. (Click here for the list that will satisfy the D Requirement for UC admission) Scroll down to Laboratory Science ("D") section.

Math courses - concurrently enrolled high school students MAY NOT enroll in 200-level Math courses.

photo overlooking campus

For questions about math placement, see Determing Math Placement at Cabrillo.pdf

Foreign Language courses: If NOT OFFERED at your high school. See the Dual Enrollment page for a list of the courses available and appropriate for high school students.

Getting college credit for a class taken at the high school - Articulated Credit

Some classes at the high school, including many ROP courses, have been linked by your instructors and Cabrillo instructors.  You take the course at your high school and if eligible, can receive Cabrillo College credit. See Currently Articulated Courses by high school.

Steps to receive credit for an Articulated course for AY 17-18 or later

Steps to receive credit for an Articulated course for AY 16-17 or previous years

  • If you are a graduating senior planning to attend Cabrillo in the Fall, and have completed all necessary requirements to participate in Running Start registration:
    1. Submit a Petition for Articulated Credit AFTER your Cabrillo classes begin in the Fall (submit to Articulation Office, Bldg. 100, Room 101)
  • If you are NOT planning to attend Cabrillo after high school, you must apply to Cabrillo in order to receive the articulated credit on a transcript. Complete the following:
    1. Download and fill out the Combined Application for Admission and Petition for High School Articulated Course Credit and mail to the addess below.
    2. Check the Box for #7 to indicate you will be requesting a Transcript from Cabrillo.
    3. Once you receive your WebAdvisor log in information via e-mail from Cabrillo. Verify that the course has been entered into your "My Course History", before choosing "Order Official Transcripts"
  • If you are still a junior or sophmore in high school, and would like to receive credit NOW, complete the following:

Note: many students wait until they graduate high school and come to Cabrillo to request this credit.

    1. Apply to Cabrillo College at:
    2. Download the Dual Enrollment form and the Petition for Articulated Credit and mail both to the address below.
    3. To request a transcript from Cabrillo, use your WebAdvisor log in information to verify that the course has been entered into your "My Course History", before choosing "Order Official Transcripts"

IMPORTANT-Check WebAdvisor prior to placing your transcript request. It is your responsibility to be certain your grade for the articulated course has posted to your transcript PRIOR to placing your order.


Submit forms to:

Cabrillo College

Articulation Office
6500 Soquel Drive
Aptos, CA  95003

If you have any questions call


    Was this page helpful?    
Ask Cabrillo WebAdvisor Cabrillo Library Cabrillo Bookstore  Canvas icon  Facebook Icon Twitter Icon YouTube

© 2013 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility | Title IX

Main Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100