College Strategic Planning
The College Strategic Plan (CSP), is a 5-year planning document and is distinct from the longer-term Educational Master Plan. Work on the Educational Master Plan was completed in early 2013, projecting future needs of educational programs, support
services, and facilities through the year 2025.
Institutional goals for the CSP were developed through a year long visioning process beginning in September 2013 with the President's Listening Tour, a February 2014 Visioning day, and a Visioning Task Force that refined the community input into a plan. The final plan was adopted by the Governing Board on June 9, 2014.
- Professional Development and Transformational Learning: Cabrillo College has long been the leader in transformational approaches to teaching and learning, technology and other processes that make the college one of the leaders in identifying methods for student success. This strategic focus identifies goals that meet the intent of our college commitment to all employee professional development and access to training, while focusing the college on learning that continues to transform our institution as we meet our mission for student success, achievement and completion.
- Sustainable Programs and Services: Cabrillo College is undergoing changes in student demographics and enrollment levels in addition to state mandated changes in program regulations and funding. Committed to meeting student demand for transfer, basic skills, career technology and services that promote the community college mission, this strategic focus identifies areas that best meet student and industry demands for degrees and certificates as well as practices that encourage a seamless articulation of students through the basic skills sequence and into a career / transfer area.
- Community Partnerships and Economic Vitality: The community provides Cabrillo College with partnerships and connections that benefit our students. This strategic focus identifies our unique role in providing education that promotes economic prosperity for our students, employers, and our community.
- Institutional Stewardship: Incumbent upon Cabrillo College is its stewardship through facilities, technology, and other operational systems. This strategic focus assures our community that we are providing high quality, sustainable and effective learning environments.
- Institutional Responsibilities: Cabrillo College is part of a larger community college and higher education system that requires compliance with standards, legislation, and other mandates. This strategic focus plans the institutional compliance to meet ongoing and mandatory responsibilities in order to improve student success and student achievement. The District is committed to fulfilling all required mandates every year. Recent legislation and policy changes have resulted in an exceptionally large number of new mandates to implement while maintaining current obligations. These new mandates include but are not limited to the Student Success Act, accreditation site visit recommendations and updated accreditation standards. All of the items listed below will be fulfilled by the District each academic year. The items identified as priority in a given year will receive special attention to either establish new processes and procedures for new mandates or thoroughly review existing processes and procedures to identify and implement improvements.
Link to Previous College Strategic Plan