Goal B: Enhance Institutional Effectiveness
Objective B1 - Enhance performance by implementing best practices in training and professional development for Cabrillo employees.
Support and expand staff development
Project Leader: Cabinet
The Staff Development Committee website contains an archive of flex programs from 2008-present.
Staff Development Planning
- 10 flexible calendar days; 5 fall days and 5 spring days to participate in Flex workshops and events (Flex Calendar Certification form submitted annually to the Chancellor's Office outlining our program.)
- Teaching and Learning Center workshops, just-in-time training, and drop-in assistance for instructional technologies; distance education, web site production and maintenance, multimedia, and web-based applications.
- Annual Classified Staff Development Day
- Management Training (e.g. emergency preparedness, mobile technologies, etc.)
- Ongoing mental health first aid workshops and training for management, faculty and staff
- IBB training for District labor & faculty team reps
- On-going dept/division level year round staff & professional development activities for faculty, managers & support staff
Support and expand:
- create a continuum of strategic professional development opportunities, for all faculty, staff, and administrators to be better prepared to respond to the evolving student needs and measures of student success
- direct professional development resources for both faculty and staff toward improving basic skills instruction and support services
- discuss new state funding implications in planning, coordination and implementation of professional development activities—for example:
- conference funds
- guest speakers
- department-wide training (train-the-trainer)
- mentoring for new faculty and staff; "on-boarding" procedures