We're here to serve you...
Spring 2014 Semester starts
January 27, 2014
STUDENT ACTIVITY CARDS, PARKING PERMITS AND METRO PASSES:
- Spring activity cards and parking permits will be available on 01/13/2014 at the Student Affairs Office located in the SAC East building. Student Activity cards can be renewed at Admisssons and Records in building 100.
- To purchase a 31-Day Metro Pass you must get authorization from Student Affairs Office located in the SAC East building or Admisssons and Records. Passes are paid in cash only and picked up at the college bank. Must be enrolled in 6 or more units.
2014 Graduation Information
- 4/11/14 - Deadline to petition for graduation to have your name appear in the commencement program
- 5/9/14 - Deadline to petition for graduation
- 5/21/14 - Deadline to RSVP to participate in the graduation ceremony (To RSVP, click on link below)
2014 Commencement Ceremony RSVP
Graduation Date and Location
The ceremony is Friday, May 23, 2014, at 6pm at the Carl Conelly Stadium on the ocean side of Cabrillo College. There is no limit to the number of guests you can invite. Parking is limited. Please encourage your guests to arrive early and to be seated by 5:30 pm. Expect the entire ceremony to last 1½ hours.
Caps, Gowns, and Tassels
All students participating in the graduation ceremony are required to wear a Cabrillo College cap and gown. These items must be purchased at the HAWKSHOP Bookstore. The cost will be approximately $35.00. The tassel is purchased separately in the bookstore. If you wish to donate your cap and gown after the ceremony, there will be a collection table on the field. This donation will be used next year for a needy student. For financial aid recipients, the Office of Student Affairs and the SRC in Watsonville have a limited number of caps and gowns available to borrow starting mid April 2014.
Announcements and Cards
Announcements and card information will be available in the HAWKSHOP Bookstore, the Watsonville Bookstore and the Aptos Student Affairs office beginning mid April.
Rehearsal will be held on the same day as the ceremony, Friday, May 23, at 4pm in the gymnasium. You must bring your cap and gown (and tassel) to the rehearsal and be ready for the procession and ceremony immediately following. You will not have time to go home. Please do not bring any purses or backpacks to the graduation rehearsal. You cannot leave personal articles in the gymnasium.
Reception: Light refreshments will be provided for graduates and guests following the ceremony.
Degrees and Certificates - Petitioning with a counselor is required in order to receive your degree/certificate
Pending the successful completion of your courses, your degree and/or certificate will be sent to the address on your graduation petition within two months of graduation. For information regarding the status of your degree/certificate, contact Admissions and Records at 479-6201. For additional information concerning the ceremony, call the Office of Student Affairs, (831) 479-6378.