Fall 2013 Flex Week
The Call for Proposals for Fall 2013 Flex Week goes out next week in an "all college" email. Start thinking about flex activities within the context of "Collaboration." Also, mark your calendar...All College Day will be on MONDAY, August 26, 2013!
Online Teaching Conference
June 19, 20, 21, 2013
Long Beach City College
Session tracks include the following. Check out the pre-conference workshops as well.
- Online Teaching Effective Practices - Teaching practices that work, focusing on accessibility, learning styles, etc.
- Support Services & Resources - Student Services, Library Services, Instructional Design and Faculty Services, and other Teaching/Learning Resources
- Technology Innovation - Creative use of social media, mobile devices, new products and releases
- Leadership, Planning & Evaluation - Online learning program issues, authentication, regulations, policies, and strategies
@ONE Online Training
There are still some courses available for Spring 2013. Each year, @ONE offers over 100 trainings, drawing more than 8,500 registrations. Workshops are taught by knowledgeable instructors who tailor their content to the specifics of the community college setting. The programs are also structured to fit a busy faculty or staff member’s schedule.
- Wed, 03/20/2013 - 12:00pm
- Tue, 04/09/2013 - 12:00pm
Online Teaching Resources
- About Blackboard
- Beginning of the semester checklist
- Evaluation standards for online and hybrid courses
- Evaluate the technical quality of your course
This month we will focus on applications to help you teach remotely. Learn how to use a shared calendar, create a webpage with Google Sites, and share documents with students and colleagues. [check the calendar] You can always contact us to arrange for personal training (PT) on Blackboard, Google Apps, Dreamweaver, iTunesU, or any of the MS Office applications. Helping you move forward with technology is our goal.
- Blackboard Basics, every Tuesday and Thursday morning between 10am-12noon, room 1095. Bring your questions or just drop in for an overview of Blackboard.
- Blackboard Mobile Learn, Wed, 3/27, 3:30–5, room 1096
- Google Apps, Tues., 4/9, 1-2:30pm, room 1096
- Google Apps, Wed., 4/17, 11-12:30pm, room 1096
- Distance Education Orientation, Thurs., 5/16, 3-5pm, room 1096 (Open to all faculty interested in teaching hybrid or online courses.)
Big Discounts for Faculty, Staff and Students on MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
MS Office Professional Plus at $39.99! Discounted software for faculty, staff and students at CollegeBuys.org
Stay up-to-date on standards for online media and web design
Making web pages accessible to students with disabilities
CLOSED for Spring Break