Teaching & Learning Center :: Distance Education :: Staff Development
Flex proposals are now being accepted
The Golden Age is NOW!
Bringing the best of Cabrillo's traditions into the future.
The "Cabrillo Way" embodies a long tradition of teaching excellence, dedication to and caring for our students. We are currently in an era of many challenges. How have we blended the best from the past with innovative thinking for the future? Faculty, staff, and administrators are encouraged to submit proposals that focus on the NOW, the New Old Way of supporting student learning at Cabrillo.
The following questions may guide you when considering a flex proposal:
- What Cabrillo traditions influence the way you currently teach and/or support students, and which of those traditions will you carry into the future?
- How are you using technology to expand learning beyond the classroom?
- What strategies do you use to engage students and motivate them to make the commitment to their education?
- What 'social networks' do we have that bring students of diverse backgrounds together for a common cause?
- How can we build stronger social networks between ourselves to share insights about teaching and learning?
- What innovations have emerged in this time of scarcity?
Flex proposals are due by Monday, November 5, 2012 at 5:00pm.
Spring Flex Week is Monday, February 4 – Thursday, February 7, 2013. (Friday is a holiday.)
Division/Department Day will be on Thursday, February 7.
The TLC will again offer workshops the Thursday before flex week.
Faculty Senate meetings are generally on Tuesday, from 3–5pm.
CCFT events are generally held on Wednesday, from 12noon–3pm.
Please use the Spring 2013 Flex Week Presentation Proposal Form.
This month we will focus on Blackboard Mobile Learn, Cabrillo Google Apps, and a fun YouTube workshop on Halloween. Learn how to use a shared calendar, create a webpage with Google Sites, and share documents with students and colleagues. [check the calendar] You can always contact us to arrange for personal training (PT) on Blackboard, Google Apps, Dreamweaver, iTunesU, or any of the MS Office applications. Helping you move forward with technology is our goal.
- Google Apps, Wed, 10/17, 3–4:30, room 1096
- Google Apps, Tues, 10/23, 2–3:30, room 1096
- Scarry Movies ( creating a YouTube video), Wed, 10/31, 12–1:30, room 1096
- Google Apps, Thurs, 11/1, 10–11:30, room 1096
- Blackboard Mobile Learn, Tues, 11/6, 10–11:30, room 1096
- Blackboard Mobile Learn, Wed, 11/7, 3:30–5, room 1096
- Blackboard Mobile Learn, Mon, 11/12, 3:30–5, room 1096
- Blackboard Mobile Learn, Wed, 11/14, 12–1:30, room 1096
Big Discounts for Faculty, Staff and Students on MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop
MS Office Professional Plus at $39.99! Discounted software for faculty, staff and students at CollegeBuys.org
Stay up-to-date on standards for online media and web design
Making web pages accessible to students with disabilities