Thank you Fall 2011 Flex Week Presenters!
A special thank you to all Flex Presenters, the people behind the scenes getting classrooms ready, and the Staff Development Committee for a successful flex week. The turnout for workshops was quite good, and many of you had positive feedback about All College Day. President Brian King provided some inspirational messages, and we are always proud to hear from our Student Senators.
Accreditation Standard IIIC
Last week, Renée Kilmer and Rory O'Brien kicked off the 2013 Accreditation process. If anyone is interested in participating on the Technology Resources Accreditation Team (Standard IIIC), please contact Francine Van Meter or Wade Gil, IT Systems Administrator, for more information.
During flex week we had 99 participants in 4 workshops learning about Blackboard 9.1, and the new communication, assessment and student performance features.
Over the next two months, the TLC will be offering over 30 2-hour Blackboard workshops for faculty at a variety of times. Early evening workshops are available. NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. Workshops begin the week of September 12 and run through mid-November. See our Google calendar for days/times.
If you plan to use Bb 9.1 in spring 2012, we strongly encourage you to participate in an introductory session.
Get hands-on experience with:
- the new navigation/editing features.
- content creation tools to effectively design online course navigation
- communication/collaboration tools to maintain regular effective contact and establish community
- assessment and evaluation tools to efficiently monitor student performance
Contact the TLC for more information.
Blackboard 9.1 UPGRADE and MIGRATION Procedure
If you are currently using Blackboard (version CE8), you will need to request your course be MIGRATED. You have some options on how to you want your course converted to the new version (UPGRADED). Please read instructions posted on the TLC's Blackboard 9.1 Upgrade site.
Basic steps include:
- Use the Course Migration Request Form and decide on Option A or B
- The TLC will contact you when your course has been migrated to our test server. (This may be 1–3 weeks, depending on size of course.)
- Polish your course by (1) attending workshops to learn how to make modifications, AND/OR (2) work individually with TLC staff
NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
Big Discounts for Faculty, Staff and Students on Office 2011, Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop
Discounted software for faculty, staff and students at CollegeBuys.org
Stay up-to-date on standards for online media and web design
Making web pages accessible to students with disabilities
To the Cloud!
Click here to learn more about Google docs, iTunesU, adding captions to YouTube videos, and how to use blogs.
Vocaroo is a free voice recording service that allows you to create an audio file with one click and then send via email or post on the web. It's still in BETA, but for simple voice files, this is one cool tool. Language faculty, check it out! www.vocaroo.com