Stay Current | Get ahead
Plan Now for Success
Stay on track with deadlines for the Summer Session.
Register for summer and fall at the same time.
Use self-service Student Planning to plan your courses, select your sections and build your schedule for both terms.
For deadlines specific to your class, connect with your instructor and refer to the Short-Term Section Registration Dates
Summer Session consists several sessions of SHORT TERM CLASSES.
Dates and Deadlines for all short term classes vary depending on the start date of the class.
For example, enrollment fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by refund date.
This deadline in a summer session is often the first day the class meets.
October 2022 - March 2023
- October 1, 2022Summer Application Open
Applications for Summer admissions open and being accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing to create your account.
- October 1, 2022Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application is open and being accepted. Submit your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application before March 2, 2023 for priority review.
- October 2022 - March 31, 2023Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date by completing these activities:
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- March 2, 2023Due Date: submit FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for priority review.
Applications submitted by this date will be reviewed and these students notified first.
Miss this date? No problem, apply now to see what aid is available. It's never too late to apply!
- March 31, 2023Due Date: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation Etrieve Form, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration date will be in mid-May. Registration is open all summer.
- May 4, 2023Registration Opens for Students in Running Start to College
Local, graduating high school seniors who submitted an application by March 31, 2023
- May 16, 2023Registration Opens for Continuing Students, Dual Enrolled High School Students and Continuing Students with 100+ units
- May 29, 2023Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- May 30, 2023Bus Passes and Student Activity Cards available
Connect with the Welcome Center for details.
- June 12, 2023Summer Session(s) Begins
First Day of classes. View short term dates and deadlines specific to your class. Summer session includes multiple sessions ranging from 4-8 weeks long. Start and end dates for each class vary. See the Schedule of Classes and connect with your instructor to make sure you know when your class starts and ends.
ProTip: view all deadlines to add, drop, withdraw, last day of instruction/ last day to request a Pass|No Pass, etc... dates will also vary depending on the start date and the number of weeks the class meets.
- June 12, 2023Add|Drop period starts
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to Add
Typically this is the first day the class meets. Review your course syllabus and Short-Term Section Registration for detailed information about deadlines.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to drop for a refund
Typically this is the first day the class meets. Review your course syllabus and Short-Term Section Registration for detailed information about refund deadlines.
Prot Tip: "Refund Date" is the last day to drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment or transportation fees. (No exceptions!)
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateWithdrawal Deadline
- June 19, 2023Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
Juneteenth Holiday (observed)
- July 4, 2023Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- July 17, 2023DEADLINE: Graduation summer 2023
Petition to graduate for your AA or AS degree and/or certificates by this date in order to have your Degree|Certificate conferred for summer 2023 graduation. Includes: Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) and Certificates.
Avoid delays, update all your information now. Cabrillo will use all the information listed in your record to:
populate your name on your diploma
send you an email notification of any certificates that will be auto-awarded
send you RSVP information to participate in the Commencement Ceremony
mail your diploma to the address on file
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateCensus Deadline
Faculty: Are you new to this process? Need help? Connect with your Division Office.
Students: Make sure you're registered in your classes and your are showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not be adjusted after this date.
for Financial Aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date, you may be required to repay disbursed finds; are encouraged to connect with Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, over payment and repayment.
if you drop yourself or an instructor drops you from a class on Census, you will receive a “W” and be charged for the units.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to Withdraw for a "W"
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateFinal Exams
Your final for each class may be scheduled at a different time than when your class meets. See you instructor to make sure you know where to be, when and on which day.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start Date
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateSummer Session Ends
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit an application for the California College Promise Grant fee waiver.
- August 5, 2023End of Summer Session
- August 7, 2023DEADLINE: Faculty to Submit Grades for 8 week session courses
- August 8, 2023Grades Available
Check Student Panning the view your grades
- August 11, 2023Official Transcripts Available