Plan for Success
Read through this list to stay on track with important milestones and deadlines. Dates for the semester are broken into two phases:
Get Ready! Before the Semester Starts: application in October to the MLK Holiday in January. Includes registration dates and everything else you need to know before the semester begins.
Stay Ready! During the Semester: Beginning of the term in January to the end of the term in May. Prepare for critical deadlines to add, drop, petition to graduate and so much more!
Application to MLK Holiday
- October 1, 2021Spring 2022 Application Open
Application for spring 2022 admissions open. Apply to Cabrillo anytime on or after this date. Applications accepted through the second week of classes in January 2022.
- October 1, 2021Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application for spring 2022 is open and being accepted
- October 1 - 22, 2021Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date for spring 2022, by completing these activities:
- @ 15 units declare a major
- maintain good academic standing
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- October 22, 2021DUE DATE: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation eForm, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration open in early December.
- October 25, 2021Spring 2022 Schedule of Classes Posted
Create your schedule and be ready to register when your registration opens
- November 7, 2021DEADLINE: to appeal your calculated registration date
If you think your registration date is wrong, let us know. Submit this eForm to appeal.
- Decmeber 1, 2021Registration Opens for Continuing Students with 100+ units
Students with more than 100 degree applicable units, except those students enrolled in designated high unit majors
ProTip: only units completed at Cabrillo are used to calculate status.
- December 8, 2021 - January 26, 2022Registration Open for All Students
Register Now! Use self-service, Student Planning to plan, schedule and register for classes.
- January 10, 2022Bus Passes and Student Activity Cards Available
Connect with the Welcome Center for details
- January 17, 2022Holiday
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
First Day of Classes to the End of Term
- January 24, 2022Spring Semester begins
Connect with your instructor to learn more about class meeting details.
- January 24 - 26, 2022Student Planning OPEN for registration
Self-service Student Planning remains OPEN. Register, add to a waitlist or drop a class as needed on your own. No add authorizations required.
- January 27 - February 5, 2022Add|Drop period for full-term sections
Self-service closes but registration remains open for full term courses. Here's what you need to do:
To add a class section during the Add|Drop period, go to the class meeting or email the instructor to ask for an add authorization. Once you have authorization from the instructor, register through Student Planning.
To drop a class during the Add|Drop period go to Student Planning, select the drop option for the section.
- February 5, 2022Add|Drop Period ends
Last day to add or drop full-term classes in Student Planning. Specifically, this is the last day to:
add a class with an add authorization; you must use add authorizations by this day or you will no longer be able to register for the class
drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment
request a reversal of transportation and other student services fees
return a parking permit for a refund
Please Note: for SHORT TERM CLASSES (less than 16 weeks in spring and fall): course fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by 10% of the class meetings. This deadline is often the day the class first meets. For dates specific for your class, please connect with your instructor.
- February 6, 2022Withdrawal Deadline
Last day to drop a full-term class without a "W" being notated on your academic record. You will still be charged for the all units.
- February 7, 2022Census Deadline
Faculty: Are you new to this process? Need help? Connect with your Division Office.
Students: Make sure you’re registered in your classes and showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not be adjusted after this date.
Critical Note: for Financial Aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date - connect with Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, overpayment and repayment.
- February 18, 2022Holiday
Lincoln's Birthday observed
- February 21, 2022Holiday
Washington's Birthday observed
- February 24, 2022DEADLINE:Request Pass|No-pass option for a full-term section
Last day to select Pass|No Pass option for a full term section. See your instructor for more information. Please note: per California education code: the decision to choose Pass|No-pass is final and changed after it is requested.
- March 2, 2022GPAs sumitted to California Student Aid Commission for Cal Grant
Cabrillo College will automatically transmit GPAs for students who have completed at least 16 transferable units at Cabrillo College to the California Student Aid Commission for Cal Grant.
- March 21 - March 26, 2022Spring Break
Classes not is session.
Services open, some with modified hours.
- April 8, 2022
- April 14, 2022Last day to drop a full-term section
A grade of "W" will appear on your transcript. If you remain enrolled in a section after this date you will receive a letter grade.
- May 16 - 21, 2022Final Exam Week
Your final for each class may be scheduled at a different time than when your class meets. View the Finals Schedule to make sure you know where to be, when and on which day.
- May 20, 2022Graduation Commencement Ceremony
Congratulations Seahawks! Watch this space for more information on the Commencement Ceremony.
- May 21, 2022Semester Ends
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit a California College Promise Grant application for Spring semester.
- May 23, 2022Due Date for Faculty to submit final grades
- May 23, 2022Deadline to register to vote for the June Primary Election
- May 24, 2022Spring Grades Available
Check student planning to view your grades.
- May 27, 2022Transcripts Available
- May 30, 2022Holiday
- June 7, 2022Election Day
This is a Primary Election
Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm
Vote-by-mail ballots must be postmarked on or before June 7, or turned in at a polling place by 8pm