Stay Current | Get ahead
Plan Now for Success
Stay on track with deadlines for the Summer Session.
Register for summer and fall at the same time.
Use self-service Student Planning to plan your courses, select your sections and build your schedule for both terms.
For deadlines specific to your class, connect with your instructor and refer to the syllabus.
Summer Session consists several sessions of SHORT TERM CLASSES.
Dates and Deadlines for all short term classes vary depending on the start date of the class.
For example, enrollment fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by 10% of the class meetings.
This deadline in a summer session is often the first day the class meets.
October 2021 - March 2022
- October 1, 2021Summer Application Open
Applications for Summer admissions open and being accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing to create your account.
- October 1, 2021Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application is open and being accepted. Submit your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application before March 2, 2022 for priority review.
- October 2021 - April 8, 2022Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date by completing these activities:
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- March 2, 2022Due Date: submit FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for priority review.
Applications submitted by this date will be reviewed and these students notified first.
Miss this date? No problem, apply now to see what aid is available. It's never too late to apply!
- April 4, 2022Schedule of Classes posted
Create your schedule and be ready to register when your registration opens
- April 8, 2022Due Date: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation eForm, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration date will be in mid-May. Registration is open all summer.
- April 25, 2022DEADLINE: to appeal your calculated registration date
If you think your registration date is wrong, let us know. Submit this eForm by 5pm to appeal.
- May 13, 2022Registration Opens for Continuing Students, Dual Enrolled High School Students and Continuing Students with 100+ units
Current Students with more than 100 degree applicable units, except those students enrolled in designated high unit majors
- May 23, 2022Deadline to register to vote for the June Primary Election
- May 30, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- May 31, 2022Bus Passes and Student Activity Cards available
Connect with the Welcome Center for more details
- June 7, 2022Primary Election Day
Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm. Vote-by-mail ballots must be postmarked on or before June 7, or turned in at a polling place by 8pm
- June 13, 2022Summer Session(s) Begins
First Day of classes. Connect with your instructor to learn more about class meeting details, dates and deadlines specific to you class. Summer session includes multiple sessions ranging from 4-8 weeks long. Start and end dates for each class vary. See the Schedule of Classes and connect with your instructor to make sure you know when your class starts and ends.
ProTip: this also means that all deadlines to add, drop, withdraw, request Pass|No-pass, etc...will also vary depending on the start date and the number of weeks the class meets.
- June 13, 2022Add|Drop period starts
Please connect with your instructor and review your course syllabus for detailed information about deadlines to add and drop.
Here's what you need to do:
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to Add
Typically this is the first day the class meets. Please connect with your instructor and review your course syllabus for detailed information about deadlines to add. You must use add authorizations by this day or you will no longer be able to register for the class.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to drop for a refund
Typically this is the first day the class meets. Please connect with your instructor and review your course syllabus for detailed information about deadlines to drop. Last day to drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment or transportation fees. (No exceptions!)
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateWithdrawal Deadline
Typically this is the first day the class meets. Please connect with your instructor and review your course syllabus for detailed information about deadlines to drop. Last day to drop a class without a "W" being notated on your academic record. You will still be charged for the all units.
- June 20, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
Juneteenth Holiday (observed)
- July 4, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- July 18, 2022DEADLINE: Graduation summer 2022
Petition to graduate for your AA or AS degree and/or certificates by this date in order to have your degree|certificate conferred for summer 2022 graduation. Includes: Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) and Certificates.
Avoid delays, update all your information now. Cabrillo will use all the information listed in your record to:
populate your name on your diploma
send you an email notification of any certificates that will be auto-awarded
send you an invitation and RSVP information to participate in the Commencement Ceremony via text and email
mail your diploma to the address on file
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateCensus Deadline
Faculty: Are you new to this process? Need help? Connect with your Division Office.
Students: Make sure you're registered in your classes and your are showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not be adjusted after this date.
for Financial Aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date, you may be required to repay disbursed finds; are encouraged to connect with Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, over payment and repayment.
if you drop yourself or an instructor drops you from a class on Census, you will receive a “W” and be charged for the units.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDeadline to Withdraw for a "W"
A grade of "W" will appear on your transcript. See your instructor for more information.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateFinal Exams
Your final for each class may be scheduled at a different time than when your class meets. See you instructor to make sure you know where to be, when and on which day.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateDEADLINE: to request Pass | No-Pass
Last day to request the Pass|No-Pass option is the last day of your class section. See your instructor for more information and then submit this eForm.
Please note: per California education code: the decision to choose Pass/No Pass is final and may not be made, or changed, after this deadline.
- Dates Vary Depending on Class Start DateSummer Session Ends
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit an application for the California College Promise Grant fee waiver.
- August 8, 2022DEADLINE: Faulty to Submit Grades
- August 9, 2022Grades Available
Check Student Panning the view your grades
- August 12, 2022Official Transcripts Available