Plan for Success
Use this list will to stay on track with important deadlines for the semester.
Get ahead! Summer and Fall registration opens at the same time. If you have applied for summer, you are eligible to register for fall at the same time. Before registration opens, use self-service Student Planning to plan your courses, select your sections to build your schedule for both terms at the same time.
October 2020 - August - 2021
- October 1, 2020Fall 2021 Application Open
Applications for Fall 2021 admissions open and being accepted.
- October 1, 2020Fall 2021 Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application for Fall 2021 is open and being accepted
- October 2020 - April 9, 2021Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date by completing these activities:
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- March 2, 2021Due Date: submit FAFSA for priority review.
Applications submitted by this date will be reviewed and these students notified first.
Miss this date? No problem, apply now to see what aid is available. It’s never too late to apply!
- March 27, 2021
- April 9, 2021Due Date: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation eForm, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration date will be in mid-May as a NEW student. Registration is open all summer.
- April 13, 2021Fall 2021 Schedule of Classes Posted
Create your schedule and be ready to register when your registration opens
- April 30, 2021DEADLINE: to appeal your calculated registration date
If you think your registration date is wrong, let us know. Submit this eForm to appeal.
- May 25, 2021Registration Opens for Continuing Students
Students with more than 100 degree applicable units, except those students enrolled in designated high unit majors
ProTip: only units completed at Cabrillo are used to calculate status.
- May 31, 2021Holiday
- July 5,Holiday
Independence Day (observed)
- August 9, 2021Bus Passes and Student Activity Cards Available
Connect with the Welcome Center for details
August 2021 - December 2021
- August 22, 2021Self Service registration in Student Planning Closes
Last day to register by yourself for a fall 2021 section in self-service Student Planning
- August 23, 2021Fall Semester begins
First day of classes. Connect with your instructor to learn more about class meeting details.
- August 23 to September 4, 2021Add|Drop period for full-term sections
Registration remains open for full term courses. Here's what you need to do:
- September 2, 2021Cal Grant GPA
Submission is uploaded by Cabrillo automatically
- September 4, 2021Add|Drop Period ends
Last day to Add or Drop full-term classes in Student Planning.
- Last day to add a class with an add authorization. You must use add authorizations by this day or you will no longer be able to register for the class.
- Last day to drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment or transportation fees. (No exceptions!)
Please Note: for SHORT TERM CLASSES (less than 16 weeks in spring and fall): course fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by 10% of the class meetings. This deadline is often the day the class first meets. For dates specific for your class, please connect with your instructor.
- September 5, 2021Withdrawal Deadline
Last day to drop a full-term class without a "W" being notated on your academic record. You will still be charged for the all units.
- September 6, 2021Holiday
- September 7, 2021Census Deadline
Make sure you're registered in your classes and showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not adjusted after this date. Critical for financial aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date. See Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, over payment and repayment .
- September 24, 2021DEADLINE to request Pass|No-pass option
Last day to request Pass|No-pass option for a full-term section. See your instructor for more information. Please note: per California education code: the decision to choose Pass|No-pass is final and may not be made, or changed, after this deadline.
- October 22, 2021Deadline to Petition for AA-T and AS-T Degrees
Petition to graduate by this date in order to have your degree conferred for fall 2021 graduation.
- November 12, 2021Holiday
- November 14, 2021Last day to withdraw and drop from a full-term section
A grade of "W" will appear on your transcript. If you remain enrolled in a section after this date you will receive a letter grade.
- November 25-26, 2021Holiday
- December 8, 2021Final Deadline to Petition for fall AA and AS Degrees|Certificates
Petition to graduate by this date in order to have your Degree|Certificate conferred for fall 2021 graduation.
- December 6-11, 2021Final Exams
The final may be at a different time than your class meets. See the Finals Schedule for the date and time for each of your finals
- December 11, 2021Semester Ends
- December 14, 2021Grades Available
Check student planning to view your grades.
- December 19, 2021Last day to apply for the California College Promise Grant
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit a California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG) application for fall semester.
- December 20, 2021Transcripts Available