Plan for Success
Use this list will to stay on track with important deadlines for the semester.
Get ahead! Summer and Fall registration opens at the same time. If you have applied for summer, you are eligible to register for fall at the same time. Before registration opens, use self-service Student Planning to plan your courses, select your sections to build your schedule for both terms at the same time.
Application to Registration
- October 1, 2020Fall 2021 Application Open
Applications for Fall 2021 admissions open and being accepted.
- October 1, 2020Fall 2021 Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application for Fall 2021 is open and being accepted
- October 2020 - April 9, 2021Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date by completing these activities:
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- March 2, 2021Due Date: submit FAFSA for priority review.
Applications submitted by this date will be reviewed and these students notified first.
Miss this date? No problem, apply now to see what aid is available. It’s never too late to apply!
- March 27, 2021
- April 9, 2021Due Date: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation eForm, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration date will be in mid-May as a NEW student. Registration is open all summer.
- April 19, 2021Fall 2021 Schedule of Classes Posted
Create your schedule and be ready to register when your registration opens
- April 30, 2021DEADLINE: to appeal your calculated registration date
If you think your registration date is wrong, let us know. Submit this eForm to appeal.
- May 25, 2021Registration Opens for Continuing Students
Students with more than 100 degree applicable units, except those students enrolled in designated high unit majors
ProTip: only units completed at Cabrillo are used to calculate status.
- May 31, 2021Holiday
- July 5,Holiday
Independence Day (observed)
- August 9, 2021Bus Passes and Student Activity Cards Available
Connect with the Welcome Center for details
1st Day of Classes to the End of Term
- August 23 - 29, 2021Student Planning OPEN through 1st week of classes
New this semseter: through the 1st week of classes self-service Student Planning remains OPEN. Register, add to a waitlist or drop a class as needed on your own. No add authorizations required.
- August 23, 2021Fall Semester begins
First day of classes. Connect with your instructor to learn more about class meeting details.
- August 30 to September 4, 2021Add|Drop period for full-term sections
Self-services closes but registration remains open for full term courses. Here's what you need to do:
- September 2, 2021GPAs sumitted to California Student Aid Commission for Cal Grant
Cabrillo College will automatically transmit GPAs for students who have completed at least 16 transferable units at Cabrillo College to the California Student Aid Commission for Cal Grant.
- September 4, 2021Add|Drop Period ends
Last day to Add or Drop full-term classes in Student Planning.
- Last day to add a class with an add authorization. You must use add authorizations by this day or you will no longer be able to register for the class.
- Last day to drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment or transportation fees. (No exceptions!)
Please Note: for SHORT TERM CLASSES (less than 16 weeks in spring and fall): course fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by 10% of the class meetings. This deadline is often the day the class first meets. For dates specific for your class, please connect with your instructor.
- September 5, 2021Withdrawal Deadline
Last day to drop a full-term class without a "W" being notated on your academic record. You will still be charged for the all units.
- September 6, 2021Holiday
- September 7, 2021Census Deadline
- Facuty: Are you new to this process? Need help? Connect with your Divsion Office.
- Students: Make sure you’re registered in your classes and showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not be adjusted after this date.
Critical Note: for Financial Aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date: See Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, over payment and repayment.
- September 24 - December 11, 2021Request Pass|No-pass option for a full-term section
You can select Pass|No-pass until the last day of the semester. See your instructor for more information and then submit this eForm. Please note: per California education code: the decision to choose Pass|No-pass is final and may not be changed after it is requested.
- November 9, 2021Last day to withdraw and drop from a full-term section
A grade of "W" will appear on your transcript. If you remain enrolled in a section after this date you will receive a letter grade.
- November 12, 2021Holiday
- November 25-26, 2021Holiday
- December 8, 2021DEADLINE: Petition to Graduate in Fall
Petition to graduate by this date in order to have your Degree|Certificate conferred for fall 2021 graduation.
Includes: Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) and Certificates.
Avoid delays, update all your information. Cabrillo will use all the information listed in your record to:
populate your name on your diploma
send you an email notification of any certificates that will be auto-awarded
mail your diploma to the address on file
View what is currently on file and update all your information with this eForm.
Exciting note: fall graduates are welcome to participate in the Spring 2022 Commencement Ceremony. Watch this space for more information.
- December 6-11, 2021Final Exams
The final for each classmay be at a different time than your class meets. See the Finals Schedule for the date and time for each of your finals
- December 11, 2021Deadline: Last day to request Pass|No-pass for fall 2021
- December 11, 2021Semester Ends
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit a California College Promise Grant (formerly BOG) application for fall semester.
- December 13, 2021Due Date: Faculty to submit final grades
- December 14, 2021Grades Available
Check student planning to view your grades.
- December 20, 2021Transcripts Available