Plan for Success
Read through this list to stay on track with important milestones and deadlines.
Includes registration dates and everything else you need to know before the semester begins.
Before registration opens, use self-service Student Planning to plan your courses and select your sections to build your schedule.
Prepare for critical deadlines to add, drop, petition to graduate and so much more!
October 2021 - March 2022
- October 1, 2021Summer Application Open
Applications for Summer admissions open and being accepted. Allow 48 hours for processing to create your account.
- October 1, 2021Financial Aid Application Open
Financial Aid application is open and being accepted. Submit your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application before March 2, 2022 for priority review.
- October 2021 - April 8, 2022Earn an Earlier Registration Date
All students have the opportunity to earn an earlier registration date by completing these activities:
ProTip: your registration will not be blocked if these activities are not completed; you will be assigned a later registration date.
- March 2, 2022Due Date: submit FAFSA or California Dream Act Application for priority review.
Applications submitted by this date will be reviewed and these students notified first.
Miss this date? No problem, apply now to see what aid is available. It's never too late to apply!
- April 4, 2022Schedule of Classes posted
Create your schedule and be ready to register when your registration opens
- April 8, 2022Due Date: complete activities to earn an earlier registration date.
Complete placement, submit the orientation eForm, and plan some classes to earn an earlier registration date.
Miss this date? Not a problem! You will not be blocked from registering. Keep going - your registration date will be in mid-May. Registration is open all summer.
- April 25, 2022DEADLINE: to appeal your calculated registration date
If you think your registration date is wrong, let us know. Submit this eForm by 5pm to appeal.
- May 13, 2022Registration Opens for Continuing Students, Dual Enrolled High School Students and Continuing Students with 100+ units
Current Students with more than 100 degree applicable units, except those students enrolled in designated high unit majors
- May 23, 2022Deadline to register to vote for the June Primary Election
- May 30, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
June - July 2022
- June 7, 2022Primary Election Day
Polls open at 7am and close at 8pm. Vote-by-mail ballots must be postmarked on or before June 7, or turned in at a polling place by 8pm
- June 18, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- July 4, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
August - September 2022
- August 29, 2022Fall Semester begins
First day of classes. Connect with your instructor to learn more about class meeting details.
- August 29 - 31, 2022Student Planning OPEN for Registration
Self-service Student Planning remains OPEN. Register, add to a waitlist or drop a class as needed on your own. No add authorizations required.
- September 1 - 10, 2022Add|Drop period for full-term sections begins
Registration remains OPEN for full term courses. Here's what you need to do:
To add a class section during the Add|Drop period, go to the class meeting or email the instructor to ask for an add authorization. Once you have authorization from the instructor, register through Student Planning.
To drop a class during the Add|Drop period go to Student Planning, select the drop option for the section.
- September 5, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- September 9, 2022DEADLINE: return parking permit for a refund
Last day to return parking permits to receive a refund.
- September 10, 2022Add|Drop Period ends
Last day to Add or Drop full-term classes in Student Planning.
Last day to add a class with an add authorization. You must use add authorizations by this day or you will no longer be able to register for the class.
Last day to drop a section and receive a reversal of charges or refund of enrollment or transportation fees. (No exceptions!)
Please Note: for SHORT TERM CLASSES (less than 16 weeks in spring and fall): course fees will be reversed only if you have officially withdrawn by 10% of the class meetings. This deadline is often the day the class first meets. For dates specific for your class, please connect with your instructor.
- September 11, 2022Withdrawal Deadline
Last day to drop a full-term class without a "W" being notated on your academic record. You will still be charged for the all units.
- September 12, 2022Census Deadline
Faculty: Are you new to this process? Need help? Connect with your Division Office.
Students: Make sure you're registered in your classes and your are showing on the class rosters because your Financial Aid award will not be adjusted after this date.
for Financial Aid recipients who have dropped all classes on or before this date, you may be required to repay disbursed finds; are encouraged to connect with Financial Aid for more information about enrollment changes, over payment and repayment.
if you drop yourself or an instructor drops you from a class on Census, you will receive a “W” and be charged for the units.
October - November 2022
- October 5, 2022DEADLINE to request Pass|No-pass
Last day to request Pass|No-pass option for a full-term section. See your instructor for more information and then submit this eForm. Please note: per California education code: the decision to choose Pass|No-pass is final and may not be changed after this deadline.
- November 11, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- November 15, 2022Last day to drop a full-term section
A grade of "W" will appear on your transcript. If you remain enrolled in a section after this date you will receive a letter grade.
- November 24 - 25, 2022Holiday | Cabrillo College Closed
- December 2, 2022DEADLINE: Petition to Graduate For Fall
Petition to graduate by this date in order to have your Degree|Certificate conferred for fall graduation.
Includes: Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS) and Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) and Certificates.
Avoid delays, update all your information. Cabrillo will use all the information listed in your record to:
populate your name on your diploma
send you an email notification of any certificates that will be auto-awarded
send you an invitation and RSVP information to participate in the Commencement Ceremony (held in spring) via text and email.
mail your diploma to the address on file
View what is currently on file and update all your information with this eForm.
Exciting note: fall graduates are welcome to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony. Watch this space for more information.
- December 12-17, 2022Finals Exams
The final for each class may be at a different time than your class meets. See the Finals Schedule for the date and time for each of your finals
- December 17, 2022Semester Ends
Still need to pay your fees? Last day to submit an application for the California College Promise Grant fee waiver.
- December 19, 2022DEADLINE: Faulty to Submit Grades
- December 20, 2022Grades Available
Check student planning to view your grades.
- December 23, 2022Transcripts Available to Order
Spring is in the Air
Explore Dates & Deadlines for Spring 2023