City Tips From Your Student Ambassadors
Things we didn't know in our first semester
Cabrillo College is a smoke and nicotine free campus. Smoking is permitted on the sidewalk, at least 25 feet away from campus and bus stop.
There is a microwave available to students in the cafeteria on the Cabrillo campus.
Your student ID card offers discounts at some of the local businesses and functions as a bus pass on all Santa Cruz Metro routes, except the Highway 17 Express.
Places to Eat
(Chevron Gas Station)
5955 Soquel Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003
140 Rancho Del Mar, Aptos, CA 95003
6790 Soquel Dr. Aptos, CA 95003
336 Union St, Watsonville, CA 95076
611 Main St. Watsonville, CA 95076
Hours: M-F 7am - 8pm
11 Alexander St, Watsonville, CA 95076
Local Organic Groceries
7506 Soquel Dr. Aptos, CA 95003
Hours: 8am - 9pm
7506 Soquel Dr. at Cabrillo College
on Saturdays 8 am until 12pm
At the plaza in front of the Watsonville campus and Peck street. Friday afternoon 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
Places to Study/Support Services
The HUB provides help with Writing, Reading, and ESL. The Math Learning Center along with Tutoring Services can be found here. The HUB
The Library (located on the Aptos campus) counts with a number of resources including ots of individual and group study spaces and online resources. Library
Provides tutoring or study sessions with an instructor, higher level math and sciences. STEM Center
The Computer Technology Center (CTC) is a large computer lab/study spot for registered Cabrillo students who are trying achieve their student goals. Computer Technology Center (CTC)
A series of weekly review sessions with an SI Leader, designed to help you study smart and excel in your classes. Supplimental Instruction
Located in the Watsonvillle Campus the ILC provides a quiet place to study and meet tutors on a drop-in basis in English, math and other subjects. Watsonville ILC
- VAPA lawns and sculpture gardens (lower campus)
- Upper campus quad
- ILC in Watsonville
- Stroll up to Horticulture and check out the view of the ocean
- Cabrillo Art Gallery (below the library)
- Mental Health Services (free counseling appointments, Ibuprofen, doctor visit, birth control)
- Sea Cliff State beach (5 minute drive in Aptos)
- Land of the Medicine Buddha (13 minute drive in Aptos)
- North garage (coming from Park Avenue)
- South garage (coming from to State Park Drive)
- Permit parking after 5:00pm (only lot F located behind the staff parking which is behind bldg. 400)
- VAPA lot permit parking
- Athletic lot permit parking
- Sheriff lot permit parking
- Free parking in Twin Lakes Church parking lot (10 minute walk)
- Free parallel parking on Soquel Dr.