Dual Enrollment Pathways at Your High School


High school pathway dual enrollment allows Cabrillo and their partner high schools offer Cabrillo courses to students to support them in earning credits toward general education or career education certificates and degrees. Courses are offered at high school locations as a 'closed section' (only high school students!) or on the Cabrillo College campus with early registration for high school students.  

4 Easy Steps

Get started with high school pathway dual enrollment!

During Fall 2022/Spring 2023, Pajaro Valley Unified School District (PVUSD) will be offering:

  1. Medical Assisting (COMM 14 & MA 71)

  2. Baile Folklórico (Dance 16A & 16B)

  3. American Sign Language (General Education) (ASL 1 & ASL 2).

During Fall 2022/Spring 2023, Santa Cruz City Schools will be offering:

  1. Advanced Biotech (BIO-42T in the Fall). This class is for students who have completed BIO-41T Biotech Fundamental

  2. American Sign Language (General Education) (ASL 1 & ASL 2).

Let your high school counselor know that you are interested in participating in one of these pathways!

Unlike individual dual enrollment, as a high school pathway dual enrollment student you will apply to Cabrillo once, at the beginning of the program. For step-by-step instructions, check out the Cabrillo Application Visual Guide for Dual Enrollment.

Once you receive your Cabrillo ID, login to eForms and submit a dual enrollment form, registering as 'A high school student in a pathway offered through my high school (CCAP)' option. This will require the permission of your parents and high school. On the form, select from the pathways available at your high school. When you submit the form with the signature page attached, it will be reviewed and you will be registered in the courses in the pathway each semester. You will be registered in the high school pathway section of the course. DO NOT register yourself. You will receive an email when you have been registered. Check out this step-by-step guide to completing the dual enrollment eform as a High School Pathway Program student!

The start date of your course(s) will be listed in the schedule. Also be sure to look at key dates on Cabrillo's Academic Calendar.

The Dual Enrollment Handbook will give you lots of information to support you as a dual enrollment student. Once you are registered:

  1. Know when your class starts! Your course day and time is listed in the course schedule. If you have any questions, check in with your instructor.

  2. Learn about Canvas! Many classes use this system so learn how to login and use the system.

  3. Check your email. Throughout the semester, but especially at the beginning of the term, you may receive emails with important information.

  4. If you have an IEP or 504 plan at your high school, make an appointment with the Accessibility Support Center (ASC) to discuss accommodations.

Review of Dual Enrollment Policies & Guidelines

Things to know about being a dual enrollment student!

As a dual enrollment student, you are a college student. You must: 

  1. Follow Cabrillo's academic regulations (listed in Student's Rights and Responsibilities Handbook) and deadlines in the Academic Calendar. You are expected to meet all deadlines such as submitting class assignments on time and dropping classes by established dates.
  2. Go to your classes! Read Attendance Policy in Cabrillo's Academic Policies and Procedures.
  3. You are responsible for communicating with your instructors especially if you need to be excused from class.

Cabrillo College is required to follow the rules regarding the privacy of student records outlined in the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), which apply to all students regardless of age. Cabrillo employees, including instructors, can only release information directly to the student. If you require access to your information (e.g. grades, transcripts, class schedule), you must request the information or put a written consent on file to allow someone else to access your information.

All courses will become a part of your official college record. Poor grades can affect your academic future in such areas as admission to colleges/universities, eligibility for financial aid, eligibility for athletics, and academic probation.

If you do not wish to continue in a class, you are responsible for withdrawing from (dropping) the course in MyCabrillo by the dates listed in the Academic Calendar. There are two withdrawal periods you should look for:

  1. In the early part of class, you may withdraw without it appearing on your transcript.

  2. Last day to withdraw from a full-term section with a 'W,' after which you cannot drop.

After these dates have passed, you will receive a grade on your transcript.

When your course is complete go to MyCabrillo to view your final grade(s) and request your official Cabrillo College transcript to be sent to your school. Your high school must receive a copy of your Cabrillo transcript to give you credit for Cabrillo courses toward high school graduation. This is not an automatic process.

Cabrillo's Accessibility Support Center (ASC) provides services, accommodations, and academic support for students with disabilities and learning differences at Cabrillo College. If you have an IEP or 504 plan, contact the ASC by email asc@cabrillo.edu or call (831) 479-­6379 to discuss accommodations. Your accommodations in college may differ from those provided by your high school and your IEP or 504 does not automatically transfer.

Make an appointment and share a copy of your IEP or 504 as soon as you decide to register for classes.

Get support as a Cabrillo student! Check out some resources to help you succeed!
Accessibility Support Center
Tutoring & Academic Support