Helpful Links Learning Resources
Cabrillo's Computer Technology Center
On lower campus in the 1400 building this is a fantastic resource for students. Computers, people to help you use them, information about Hawknet accounts, and so much more!
For more information about their services and support follow the link above.
Early Assistance Program
Workshops for students about time management, test taking, stress management, etc.
- Workshop Schedule Information (Information to be posted at a later time)
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Please visit the ESL website for information
If you have any questions or need further information to assist in your academic success, please contact
Sites that will help you identify what your learning style is and give you suggestions ont he best way to be successful.
Technology, Internet Research and Writing Tutorials
This web page was developed by one of Cabrillo's resident research experts, Instruction Librarian Topsy Smalley. This page is packed full of great resources for using the internet for research, using software like MS Word and Power Point, writing research papers, APA style, etc. Every Nursing student should check this page out!
You will need to do APA style citations for the 4 papers you will be writing in your 2 years here in the Cabrillo Nursing program. Here is the link to the Cabrillo library web site with links to help you learn APA citation.
Medical Spanish podcasts
These podcasts can be down loaded to your iPod or you can listen online.
Anatomy and Physiology review web sites
EBooks and Articles
Test Success: Test-taking Techniques for Beginning Nursing Students
This e-book is available online to Cabrillo students with a library card. under Health and Medicine click on NetLibrary E-Books and type in Test Success in the search box. This book has great tips for new nursing students!
All Nursing Students should have a Cabrillo library card! Remember you can apply for your card as soon as your register. You may go to the library to apply for a card, or follow this link to apply for a card that can be mailed to you.
Use this link to get helpful information about Allied Health library resources. Use the items under Course-Related Materials:
Please visit the Writing Center website for further information
Below is a list of just some of the books available to you online at the Cabrillo library:
- Nurse's Manual of Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
- Nursing Care Plans: Guidelines for Individualizing Patient Care
- Essentials of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: Concepts of Care in Evidence-based Practice
- Nurse's Fast Facts: Your Quick Source for Core Clinical Content
- Nurse's Pocket Guide: Diagnoses, Prioritized Interventions, and Rationales
- Test Success: Test-taking Techniques for Beginning Nursing Students
- Fundamentals Success: A Course Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking
- Health Assessment Through the Life Span
- Davis's Comprehensive Laboratory and Diagnostic Test Handbook: With Nursing Implications
- Transcultural Health Care: A Culturally Competent Approach
- Herb Toxicitiesand Drug Interactions: A Formula Approach
- Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide 2008