Skip to Site Navigation | Skip to Local Navigation | Skip to Content

COVID-19 and Fall Courses Update

Shelter In Place: Most Classes/Services Online through Fall Semester

the quadone student interviewing other students

Help - Registering for Classes


Help documents:

Search and Register

Using add authorizations

 Frequently Asked Questions - Registering for Classes 
I was placed on the waitlist. Does that mean I am in the class?

No. When added to a waitlist you are not yet registered in the course. Learn more about how waitlists work.

The system says I have a hold on my record and it won't let me register. What is the hold for?

If you need to find out what hold may have been placed on your account and what to do about it, please contact us at (831) 479-6100.

Common reasons why students might be prevented from registering:

The student owes the college money.

The student has a bad address on file. Update it using WebAdvisor or a Change Contact Information Form.
The student has not attended for a year and needs to submit a new application.
The student's application to the college was incomplete.
The college was unable to verify the student's residency.
The student was placed on Academic/Progress Dismissal and has not yet met with a counselor.

I can't complete my registration unless I add a corequisite. What is this? What if I already completed the co-requisite?

A corequisite is a course that must be taken at the same time as (concurrently with) another course. When you register for a class that requires a corequisite class, you must register for both classes at the same time or your registration will not be processed. If you think you have already completed the corequisite requirement, contact us at (831) 479-6100 or complete the Corequisite Override form.

I can't enroll in a course because it says my prerequisites have not been met. How can I register for this course?

A prerequisite is a course you must satisfactorily complete, or a body of knowledge you must master, before you can register for the course you want. You may still be able to enroll in the course if you can demonstrate that you have completed the prerequisite elsewhere or have already achieved adequate preparation in the subject. To show that you have completed prerequisites at another school, please send your documents (such as official transcripts), to us, Admissions & Records, 6500 Soquel Dr. Aptos, CA 95003. Some prerequisites may be completed by taking an Assessment Test provided by the Assessment Center (831) 479-6165 or by challenging a course with the Requisite Challenge form.

The course I want to take is a repeat, how do I register?

Fill out a Petition to Repeat a Course and register for the course in-person at Admissions & Records. Music majors may not need a repeat petition, but must still register in-person.

I want to take two courses that slightly overlap in time. Can I do this?

It is possible to register for two classes that overlap if the courses do not overlap more than ten minutes per week, and the two instructors involved agree. Complete a Course Overlap Petition and register in person at Admissions & Records. Follow the instructions on the form carefully. Be sure to have both instructors sign it. Title 5 regulations require you to specify how the overlap time will be made up.

My section was canceled. Will I get a refund?

Yes, you will receive a refund. If you originally paid your fees by credit card, we will refund the card. In all other cases, refunds will be delivered in the method you chose with BankMobile.

Refund Options:


Money is transferred to another account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.


If you open a BankMobile Vibe account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.

For information regarding Cabrillo's agreement with BankMobile or to view the U.S. Department of Education Compliance Handbook visit

The class times/instructor on my schedule printout are different than what it says in the Schedule of Classes. Why is this?

Sometimes changes are made after the Schedule of Classes has been printed or published on the web. Your registration statement is valid as of the day it was printed. To find the most current information visit Search for Sections within WebAdvisor.

I receive the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), yet I'm told I owe money, why?

Your CCPG may not be entered into the system. You must re-apply for the CCPG each school year. The best way to apply is to complete a FAFSA or Dream Application. Contact the Cabrillo College Financial Aid Office at (831) 479-6415 (Aptos) or (831) 477-5100 (Watsonville) or view the CCPG material on the Financial Aid Website.

Please note that CCPG covers Enrollment fees only.  It does not cover the Health Services, Student Center, Student Rep and Student Activity Card fees.

    Was this page helpful?   

© 2019 Cabrillo Community College District

Campus Safety | Accessibility | Title IX

Aptos Campus, 6500 Soquel Drive Aptos CA 95003, 831.479.6100