Is the student receiving support from the CalWORKs or WIOA programs?
Please see the Education Plan section below.
Refer them to SRSN if any of these situations apply to them.
- Receiving CalWORKs (cash aid from their county)
- Receiving UI (Unemployment Insurance)
- Receiving CTB (California Training Benefits)
- Receiving TAA (Trade Adjustment Assistance)
- A low-income parent returning to school (married or single)
- Currently in, or about to begin, a CTE program
- Currently in, or about to begin, an Allied Health program (AMAP, DH, RN, RT)
SRSN Programs Eligibility
- Low-income students with dependent children currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid from their county of residence
Qualified students who have received scholarship training funds approved by the local Workforce Development Board
Low-Income Adults (single adults earning less than $33,975/year, amount increases for family size) and a resident of Santa Cruz County
Dislocated Workers (receiving unemployment benefits) may reside in- or outside of Santa Cruz County
Veterans with DD214 documentation and active service members who are ending their service contracts
In the Notes section please include certificate/degree name and anticipated completion date
- Education Plan must include all classes until program completion and correspond with the Referral/Scholarship. Please contact SRSN for student's major information
- In the Notes section please include certificate/degree name and anticipated completion date
- Student may not change major
- Program length may not exceed 24 months for AA/AS degrees
SRSN students may not change their major without approval.
They may lose important benefits such as: Ancillary Support (book vouchers/transportation assistance)