Portfolio Instructions & Delivery
PORTFOLIO of ARTWORK INSTRUCTIONS
DUE TO COVID VIRUS EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS, Delivery of your portfolio of 5 artworks will be done electronically with photographed images through email. Details of electronic submission will be announced.
DUE DATE OF PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION WILL BE ANNOUNCED
The Portfolio of Artworks consists of five pieces. You are advised to choose your strongest work. Also, please limit the portfolio to only one or two types of media/disciplines. This will give the Scholarship Committee the chance to see the depth and breadth of your abilities in a given medium. Please speak with your instructors if you have any questions about what to include in your portfolo.
Be sure to follow all portfolio instructions and guidance listed below.
Step 3: Portfolio Instructions & Delivery
Ineligible Artworks: from Cabrillo Extension, CabrilloArts Workshops, Digital Media and Theater Arts classes.
- A portfolio consists of five artworks only: One portfolio per applicant is allowed. A portfolio with more than five artworks will be disqualified.
- Include an information list of the artworks: Title (if you have one), medium, dimensions, course (ART 2A, AP 9B, etc.), and date created (semester & year: Fall 2019, etc.).
- All Artwork must be Class Work: From Art Studio &/or Art Photography courses at Cabrillo College only.
- Repeat Applicants: Submit new artwork – do not resubmit previously submitted artworks.
- Special Pieces considered as One Work: Hand-bound books, diptychs and triptychs equal one work. Pieces must be clearly designed, created, and presented as one artwork or they will be disqualified.
- Small Drawings and Prints: Mount artwork on a larger sheet of heavy white paper or mat board for upright viewing.
- Small Metal Work and/or Small Objects: Label artwork and contain it inside a zip‑lock bag in a box. Include specific installation instructions as needed for any artwork.
- 3-D/Sculpture: Bases are to be provided by the student if they are an integral part of the piece. Include specific installation instructions as needed for any artwork.
- - Video Artwork/s, 10 min. total combined run time: Submit files on a portable USB flash drive - video submissions should be in .mov or .mp4 format. Each file must be labeled with last name_video01, 02, 03 etc. - example: smith_video01.mp4. Include a separate printed list with your name at the top and the title of each video, year created, corresponding file name & run time. (Submit the USB in an envelope - with your name on both the drive and the envelope. The USB will be returned to you at the portfolio pickup.)
- All Portfolio Works must be secure in a Portfolio, Envelope or Box. Exceptions: Large paintings and sculptures. Speak with your instructor for guidance. Unsecured work will not be accepted.
- Failure to submit a portfolio: Lack of a portfolio will disqualify the applicant.
The scholarship committee will take all precautions but cannot be responsible for fragile or improperly secured works.
Special Instructions for Unavailable or Excessively Large Works -
The committee prefers to view original artworks, but Digital Images of the Art on a CD are permitted for work that is unavailable or too large to submit physically. You may submit one CD with digital images of your artworks as all or part of your portfolio.
Files Submission: One view of each 2-D artwork (5 images maximum for an all 2-D portfolio), and/or two views of each 3-D artwork (10 images maximum for an all 3-D portfolio).
Digital Images: Use .jpg format, 4x6" – 6x6" maximum size and label with applicant's last name & title of work (file name: last name – artwork title).
CD Labeling: Put your name and title of artworks on the CD. Include a separate printed list of all images with:
Name – at top of sheet, followed by an ordered list of each artwork that includes: title of work, medium, dimensions, and year created.
The scholarship committee is not responsible for any portfolio left after closing on the pickup date.