ADVANCED PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Attention LVN Applicants:
The LVN application cycle is year round. We are now accepting applications.
- All LVN applicants must complete program pre-requisites, with the required G.P.A. For Human Anatomy (BIO 4), Human Physiology (BIO 5), and Intro Microbiology (BIO 6), the combined G.P.A. must be 2.5 or higher, and a G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher for English 1A. Additionally a G.P.A. of 2.0 in vocational nursing courses in required for entry into the Associate Degree Nursing Program (see Cabrillo College catalog and Cabrillo Nursing Student Handbook).
- All LVN applicants must achieve 45 points on the Multiciteria admissions form (see below for form), and pass the TEAS test prior to starting the program. Applicants are permitted to repeat prerequisites for a better grade provided the course was completed more than six years ago. A repeat petition must be signed by the Dean of the Division in which the course is offered before the course can be repeated. Prerequisites must be completed before applying to the program. In process courses will be not be considered.
- All applicants must have an active LVN license.
- LVN applicants will be admitted to the second semester of the program only, on a space available basis. Qualified LVN applicants will be placed on a wait list by application post mark date. Wait List students will be notified by email each fall and spring semester with their wait list status and space availability for the semester.
Nursing Program LVN Prerequisites & Admission Requirements
LVN Application Forms:
LVN Mulitcriteria Screening Form
Supporting Documents for Multicriteria:
LIfe Experiences or Speacial Circumstances Form
Language Proficiency Verification Form
Please visit this link for the complete LVN Admission Policy
If you have any questions, please email Nursing
Attention Advanced Placement Transfer Applicants:
Transfer and Challenge Policy
- The Cabrillo College Associate Degree Nursing Program accepts qualified transfer students from other accredited nursing programs and has challenge options for persons with related education and/or experience, including military education and training.
- Applicants will be admitted on a space available basis. All transfer and challenge applicants must meet prerequisite course and G.P.A. requirements which are current at the time of application (see current Associate Degree Program brochure.) A minimum of a “C” grade is required in each non-nursing course listed in the Associate Degree Nursing curriculum. A prerequisite G.P.A. of 2.0 in vocational nursing courses is required for entry into the Associate Degree Nursing Program. An applicant’s request for transfer credit or advanced placement will be evaluated by the nursing department which will recommend further action, plan for remediation and /or appropriate placement in the Associate Degree Nursing Program. All potential transfer or challenge candidates are to have a preliminary planning appointment with the Nursing Counselor and the Nursing Director.
Please visit this link for the complete Transfer and Challenge Policy
Transfer applicants must also meet the following criteria:
- Transfer applicants must demonstrate that they have been separated from their previous ADN program for no more than two years in order to be eligible for transfer to our program.
- Transfer applicants must demonstrate that they separated from their previous Nursing program in good academic standing in order to be eligible for transfer as an advanced placement student.
Once accepted, students will be placed in a pool of qualified applicants. Placement in a class is based on space availability, application post mark date, and review of transcripts and syllabi of completed course work for transfer applicants.
Positions are made available to Advanced Placement applicants on a space available basis only. It is difficult to predict when or how many positions will be available to Advanced Placement applicants for any given semester.
Advanced Placement LVN and Transfer Students will be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nursing (NCLEX-RN) upon successful completion of our program.
If you have any questions, please email Nursing.