U. C. Admission Requirements
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable* semester units at a community college.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.40** (see below for competitive GPAs)
- Include in the 60 transferable units the following courses:
- English 1A 1AH, 1AMC or 1AMCH and English 2, 2H, 2MCor 2MCH or Philosophy 49 (English 1B is okay for campus-specific GE but not IGETC);
- One course in college-level mathematics (***Math 10, Math 12, Math 13, 18, 2, 4, or a more advanced math course. ( Math 15 does not meet this requirement)
- Plus four transferable courses chosen from at least two of the following IGETC subject areas: Arts and Humanities; Social and Behavioral Sciences; or Physical and Biological Sciences.
* Transferability of courses is indicated in the Cabrillo College Catalog and the Schedule of Classes. Some courses transfer to CSU but not to UC, so please read this information carefully.
** The following GPAs will allow transfer students to be competitive in the UC admissions process: UC Berkeley, 3.60; UCLA, 3.30; UC San Diego, 3.30; UC Davis, 2.90; UC Santa Barbara, 2.80; UC Irvine, 2.70; UCSC, 2.60; UC Riverside, 2.40 and UC Merced, 2.40.These GPAs fluctuate annually, so please meet with a counselor to verify. At all UC campuses selective majors may require higher grade point averages than those listed above.
***Math courses are chosen based on a student's major. Most transferable math courses meet the quantitative requirement except where noted above.
**Note: For Fall, 2012 - actual admitted students average GPA's were much higher than above - 3.25 to 3.7, depending on the university and the major.
For information on the UC System and specific campuses within the UC System, visit the links below.