LGBTQ+ State Funding Draft Plan
To integrate LGBTQ+ resources, programming, curriculum and training into existing institutional spaces, departments, teaching, learning, and service spaces.
● $15,000 Professional Development/Training (employees and students)
● $5,000 Events/Club Chartering
● $8,000 Marketing/Art Work in Spaces (CAP Lounges included/Major Group Spaces/HUB-
● $10,000 Emergency Grants for Students
● $7000 Curriculum Development
● $4000 Library Materials
● $3000 Facility/Signage Space
● $9000 Release Time for Classified Staff/Associate Faculty, June through December 2022
Scope of Work for start up: To be co-coordinated by Staff/ Faculty:
● Identify and take an inventory of current or past campus efforts for LGBTQ+ support services and/or safe zone and ally work/training.
● Pursue training opportunities for all employee groups and students.
● Identify faculty who would like to work on developing curriculum/contextualization for LGBTQ+ courses or content, and/or syllabus language, etc.
● Identify regional organizations and/or speakers who can provide training opportunities for Faculty, Staff, Students, and Administrators. Develop an on-campus training schedule for Flex Week, and Flex Fridays, including Title IX training.
● Coordinate training for CAP and Outreach Ambassadors, Student Senate, and Student Employees.
● Work with Library personnel to identify and purchase books, art, and resources for the campus community. Organize a library event that features authors/books, resources, and information.
● Assist with launching Gay Student Alliance Club and identifying Club Advisor
● Support initial student planning of Winter Formal 2022, Spring Prom 2023, and Graduation Celebration (Lavender Graduation)
● Coordinate the development of swag and marketing materials for campus spaces
● Work with FPPO to update signage for gender-neutral restrooms
California Community Colleges
LGBTQ+ One-Time Funding from 2021-22 Budget
Cabrillo Rainbow Council Sub Groups:
Student Training, Support, Development
Curriculum Development, Contextualization, Instructional Methods, Library
Employee Professional Development
Events, Activities, and Clubs
Marketing, Webpage, Swag, and Info Sharing
Signs and Spaces
"You are imperfect, you are wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging."
CC LGBTQ+ Caucus
The LGBTQ+ Caucus represents Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer members at California's community colleges. (Bylaws)
Co-chair: John C. Hernandez, President, Irvine Valley College
Co-chair: Wanden Treanor, Trustee, Marin CCD
Vice-Chair: Julius Sokenu, President, Moorpark College
Treasurer: Erika Endrijonas, Superintendent /President, Pasadena Area CCD
Secretary: Sean Hancock, President, Cerro Coso Community College
At Large: Erik Fallis, Director of Public Affairs and Marketing, Coast CCD
At Large: Adam Spickler, Trustee, Cabrillo CCD
Cabrillo's CC LGBTQ+ Caucus Membership is open to all staff, faculty, administrators, and trustees. If you would like to join, or if you would like to contribute content to this page, please email Ronnette.