Faculty and Staff Support
The TLC provides instructional technology resources and support, including one-on-one training and customized small group workshops.
New to online teaching? Ask us about the Distance Education Academy. We’re here to help you with the Canvas learning management system, and provide guidance in online course design that's aligned with the California Virtual Campus Online Course Design Rubric. Learn how to use communication and assessment tools effectively in Canvas. Instructional design support is also available for live (synchronous) online teaching. All training is based on online teaching principles that are equitable and inclusive and humanize the online experience.
Work from Home Support
- Canvas Self-Service for Faculty. Check out the Cabrillo College section!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for quick questions. Specific instructional design requests will be escalated to the TLC Director and Help Desk Support Assistant.
- Live Zoom Support (Faculty and Staff)
Spring 2021 Hours
Mon, Tues, Wed
2–4pm and 6–8pm with Koi
Request a Zoom appointment with Shea or Francine. Please email email@example.com
- Faculty Guides contains just-in-time resources—teaching online, instructions for Canvas apps, eLumen, and enrollment management support.
Got a Canvas Request?
- The Canvas Request Form is for more elaborate tech requests, or requests that require specific information. Use this form for Canvas course merges, adding TAs, or arranging training.
Tech Support for Students
- Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Live Zoom Support for Students
The Computer Technology Center provides live support sessions for students.
Registration Support for Students
Commonly used college applications