Welcome to ASC
The Accessibility Support Center (ASC) provides services, accommodations, and academic support for students with disabilities and learning differences at Cabrillo College. ASC assists the college to meet the requirements ensuring that all programs, services, and activities are accessible to and usable by students with disabilities as required by federal law including equal access to educational content and facilities.
We are here to support you!
- If you are a new student to ASC, please call (831) 479-6379 or (831) 479-6370 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment or inquire about ASC Services.
- Due to the Covid-19 stay-at-home order, the physical ASC Office is closed.
- The Schedule of Classes for Fall 2021 is now available and registration is underway.
- Contact ASC for a counseling appointment to help you choose classes.
- Covid-19 Resources for Cabrillo Students
ASC now offers the Kurzweil 3000 reading system for those students with alternate media accommodations. Kurzweil will read out loud, read web pages, highlight words, and create audio files. It also has a number of useful study tools. The program can be used with the device of your choice, be it phone, laptop, or tablet, Mac, or PC. It's easy to use and has realistic voices that don't sound like robots. To get started, contact Jefferson Hancock, Alternate Media Specialist, at email@example.com.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Students with concerns regarding services should seek a remedy through the 504 and/or ADA coordinator, see Complaint and Grievance Procedure. To initiate this process see an ASC Counselor.
Due to the Covid-19 stay-at-home order, the physical ASC Office is closed. Student Rights and Responsibilities at Cabrillo College -- Working Together Toward Positive Solutions manual. This manual can be found in the Student Services Office located in the SAC East Bldg.