Complete the Process
Step by Step Instructions
All students start at transfer level. Select courses based your program plan and your learning needs.
All students start at transfer level. Studies show that starting just one level below transfer level can lengthen the time it takes you to reach your academic goal by at least one semester, sometimes more. We don’t want you to take more classes than you need. Starting at transfer level gives you the best opportunity to complete a certificate, an AA/AS degree or transfer to a university. Take some time now to learn about your options before deciding which courses to take. It will save you time later.
During the placement process, you’ll see that Cabrillo offers various formats of transfer level English, ESL and math courses. Some with built-in support, others with support outside the classroom. You will decide the best format for you based on your major, your learning style and the preparation you feel you need to succeed.
- View these slides for an overview of your course options. Includes comprehensive information to help you select your courses
- Complete the Student Placement eForm (Log in with your Cabrillo ID and password)
- Submit the eForm to archive your placement information to your record. The SUBMIT button is at the bottom of the screen in the black ribbon
- Your Cabrillo College 7-digit student ID number (emailed to you after you apply)
- Your password to MyCabrillo (directions on the log in screen)
- For reference only, your high school transcripts with your GPA and information about your last English and math courses.
- If you don’t have these, that’s OK! Don’t remember, don’t know? That’s OKAY too! See next section for GPA information.
- You probably remember the kind of student you were in high school, your best guess is absolutely fine. We only need an estimate to give you placement recommendations.
- ProTip: your cumulative or overall GPA includes ALL the subjects and classes you completed in high school. For example: if you earned mostly A’s and B’s, estimate your GPA at 3.5.
- 4.0-3.7 = mostly A’s and A-
- 3.4-3.6 = a mix of A’s and B’s
- 3.3-2.7 = mostly B’s and B-
- 2.4-2.6 = a mix of B’s and C’s
- 2.3-1.7 = mostly C’s and C-
- 1.4-1.6 = mix of C’s and D’s
- 1.3-0.7 = mostly D’s and D-
- 0.6-0.0 = mix of D’s and F’s
Get ready to register
Your Next Steps:
- Complete and submit the Orientation eForm
- View these slides to learn how to select and plan classes
- Submit your high school or college transcripts, and any AP, IB, CLEP test scores
Two (2) Ways to submit:
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via regular mail:
Cabrillo College, Admissions &Records
6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos CA 95003