CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) is a state funded program (cash aid) that provides support to low-income individuals with dependent children who are receiving county assistance. CalWORKs is lifting families out of poverty through education. To get started, contact our CalWORKs Program Specialist.
- Students with dependent children currently receiving CalWORKs cash aid from their county of residence. See MyBenefits CalWIN to see if you are eligible and to apply.
- Assistance completing college and financial aid applications
- One-on-one orientations
- Specialized academic counseling
- Priority registration for classes
- Vouchers for registration (paid for by CalWORKs funds for qualified participants)
- Advanced Standard Payment for books, supplies and materials (paid for by CalWORKs funds for qualified participants)
- Liaison with CalWORKs Employment Training Specialist (ETS)/case manager
- Computer access and dedicated study area
- On-campus, free printing
- Referrals to on campus and community services
- CalWORKs Work Study
The best part of working at Cabrillo is seeing students make a conscious effort to change. I see them breaking cycles, trusting themselves and striving to become better people. Thanks for trusting us to join you on your journey!