WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) is a federally funded program designed to help job seekers succeed in the labor market by providing access to employment, education, training, and support services. SRSN is the liaison between the Santa Cruz County Workforce Development Board (WDB) and Cabrillo College. To get started, contact the WIOA Program Specialist.
Full-time students seeking career training in a WIOA approved high-demand occupation who are:
- Low-income adults residing in Santa Cruz County, or
- Adults receiving unemployment benefits, regardless of county residence. (Note: low-income guidelines are set by the Workforce Development Board.)
- Assistance completing college and financial aid applications
- One-on-one orientations
- Specialized academic counseling
- Priority registration for classes
- Vouchers (paid for by WIOA funds for qualified participants) for registration, required books, supplies and materials
- Liaison with WIOA Employment Specialist (ES)/case manager
- Computer access and dedicated study area
- On-campus, free printing
- Referrals to on campus and community services
My role as the program specialist is to be the liaison between the student and WIOA and also between the student and Cabrillo. In the summed up version: I am here to support you! I am part of your support circle, and I look forward to working with you!