Transfer Admission Guarantees
Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs)
for Fall 2021 Admission
What is TAG?
A Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is a program for California community college students to earn a guaranteed acceptance to a university. There are six participating University of California (UC) that offer TAG:
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Merced
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Santa Cruz
Students are encouraged to make a Cabrillo counseling appointment to review specific requirements and deadlines.
Benefits of completing a TAG:
- Some campuses will review your academic records early
- Some campuses will give you early admission notification
- Some campuses will give guidance on specific major preparation and general education coursework
Basic Eligibility Requirements for TAG:
- Students must have completed at least 30 UC-transferable units through Summer 2020
- Students must complete at least 60 UC-transferable units through Spring 2021
- GPA requirements must be met during time of application and maintained for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Some schools have selective majors which require progress on a student's major courses. This also includes GPA requirements in major-specific courses.
- Certain universities require specific progress and completion in English and Math.
- Additional details found on UC's TAG Matrix
- All students who plan to transfer should meet with a Cabrillo counselor each semester to help with course selection for their specific campus and major.
Applying for TAG
- Step 1: To get started, you’ll need to submit the TAG application between September 1-30. Use the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) to complete the TAG.
- Step 2: Attend a TAG workshop hosted by the Cabrillo Transfer Services
- Step 3: Review your TAG application with a Cabrillo counselor
- Step 4: Fill out the application for admission to UC and submit November 1-30.
|University||Min. GPA||Deadline to Submit TAG|
|UC Davis||3.20 - 3.50||September 30, 2020|
|UC Irvine||3.4||September 30, 2020|
|UC Merced||2.80 - 3.00||September 30, 2020|
|UC Riverside||2.70 - 3.00||September 30, 2020|
|UC Santa Barbara||3.40 (by end of Fall '20)||September 30, 2020|
|UC Santa Cruz||3.0 (by end of Fall '20||September 30, 2020|
|Santa Clara University||3.3 (by end of Fall '19)||April 15, 2020|