Cabrillo does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, race, physical or mental disability, or any other protected status category in any of its policies, procedures, or practices.
This non-discrimination policy covers admission and access to, as well as treatment and employment in, the college's programs and activities, including vocational education programs.
Limted English language skills will not be a barrier to admission to and participation in vocational education programs. To request more information about equal opportunity policies and the filing of complaints, please contact:
- Samantha Folb, J.D., Title IX Coordinator : (831) 477-3373
- Dr. Bradley D. Olin, ADA Coordinator: (831) 479-6406
- Angela R. Hoyt, J.D., Section 504 Coordinator: (831) 479-6234
- Angela R. Hoyt, J.D. , Director of Human Resources and Labor Relations, Complaints of Unlawful Harassment, Discrimination, and/or Retaliation: (831) 479-6234
- Michelle Donohue, Dean, Student Services, Student Complaints: (831) 477-3584
Complaint & Grievance Procedure under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Cabrillo College strives to provide accessible programs, services and activities to the community it serves. If a citizen, student, or parent has a concern, comment or complaint, please contact the ADA Coordinator as soon as possible, but no later than 60 calendar days, after the alleged violation. This complaint and grievance procedure is established to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ("ADA") and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Section 504. The concern, complaint or comment should be submitted to:
Dr. Bradley D. Olin, ADA Coordinator Cabrillo College
6500 Soquel Drive Aptos, CA
Phone: (831) 479-6292
- A formal grievance can be filed by completing the grievance and complaint form and submitting it to the ADA Coordinator. Please include the name, address, and contact information of the grievant.
- Cabrillo College’s Board Policy and Administrative Procedure govern employment-related complaints of disability discrimination.
Alternative means of filing complaints, such as personal interviews or a tape recording of the complaint, will be made available for persons with disabilities upon request. If additional accommodations are needed, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Within 15 calendar days after receipt of the complaint, the Coordinator will
- meet with the complainant to discuss the complaint and the possible resolutions.
- respond in writing, and where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, such as large print, Braille, or audio tape.
- explain the position of Cabrillo College and offer options for substantive resolution of the complaint.
If the response by the ADA Coordinator does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, the complainant and/or his/her designee may appeal the decision within 60 calendar days after receipt of the response from the Escalation Manager, Angela Hoyt, Director of Human Resources, or his/her designee.
- Within 15 calendar days after receipt of the appeal, the Escalation Manager, Angela Hoyt, Director of Human Resources, or his/her designee will contact the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions.
- Within 15 calendar days after the meeting, the the Escalation Manager, Angela Hoyt, Director of Human Resources, or his/her designee will respond in writing, and, where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, with a final resolution of the complaint.
All written complaints and appeals received to the ADA Coordinator, or appeals to the the Escalation Manager, Angela Hoyt, Director of Human Resources, or his/her designee, and responses from these two offices will be retained by Cabrillo College for at least three years.