students at graduation
Academic Requirements

Stay Eligible for Funding

Academic Standing and the

California College Promise Grant (CCPG)

The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) waives per unit enrollment fees at any California community college for eligible students. Once you've qualified for the CCPG, it's important to ensure that you're meeting the academic and progress standards in order to avoid losing it.

Eligibility for CCPG is based on your Academic Standing. Good standing means that your cumulative GPA is 2.0 or greater, and you have completed more than 50% of the units you have attempted at Cabrillo.

Yes, students will lose their CCPG if they have been on academic or progress probation for two (2) consecutive semesters.

Important Note: foster youth and former foster youth (age 24 years and younger) are not subject to loss of CCPG under these requirements.

If you lose eligibility for CCPG, there are a few ways that you can have it reinstated:

  • Your CCPG will be restored for the following semester if you show significant academic improvement. (Complete more than 50% of your units AND attain a 2.0 GPA in your next semester)

  • Successful appeal due to extenuating circumstances beyond your control. (see below)

  • Improve your cumulative GPA or course completion measures to meet the academic and progress standards

  • Not attending your school district for two consecutive primary terms (primary terms at Cabrillo are Spring and Fall, summer is not a primary term).

Complete and submit the the Loss of CCPG appeal eForm.

Important Note: The form will be available after grades are posted and notifications have been sent.

Yes, if you experienced an extenuating circumstance you may appeal to Admissions & Records to have your CCPG reinstated. Some examples of extenuating circumstances:

  • Verified accidents, illness or other circumstances beyond your control

  • Changes in economic situation

  • Evidence of inability to obtain essential support service. There are special consideration factors for CalWORKs, EOPS, ASC and student veterans when accommodations are not received in a timely manner. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the CalWORKs, EOPS, or ASC offices, Veterans Center, or the Admissions & Records Office.

Important Note: The Loss of CCPG appeal eForm will be available after grades are posted and notifications have been sent.

What about my

Cabrillo Promise Program

No, your Academic Standing is not tied to your Cabrillo Promise Program. However, the requirements are similar; once you've qualified for The Cabrillo Promise, it's important to ensure that you're meeting the academic standards in order to avoid losing it.

Yes, you will be disqualified from the Cabrillo Promise Program if you do not maintain a good Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status

  • Grade Point Average: Maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 in all coursework attempted

  • Pace of Progress: Maintain a cumulative course completion rate of at least 67% of all coursework attempted the entire time at Cabrillo

  • Maximum Time Frame: Stay within the maximum time frame of 150%

Yes, there is an appeal process through Financial Aid.

Registration Restriction levels and what you need to do next -
Create Change and Carry On
Make a Fresh Start
Financial Aid can help find funding alternatives