Cabrillo College’s baking program is unique for providing a certificate where students can make their creative ideas come true, whether it’s turning chocolate into bars, or perfecting sugar artistry. You can turn your passion of baking into art, while studying theory and business protocols, as well.
Cabrillo College offers this 16-unit Entry Level Baking certificate for any students entering CAHM. Students have the opportunity to work with professional equipment only found in the industry. Classes range from hands-on labs, to lectures in theory. You will walk away with a well-rounded education in the pastry arts, ready to take on your career.
Patti Le Day began taking Cabrillo College’s Chocolate class with a friend for fun, and it reunited her with a long-lost love of baking and sweets. Today she owns her own chocolate shop. Find out more about Patti’s story.
Courses & Outcomes
- Introduction to Appetizers and Baking Preparation
- Cake Decorating
- Basic Baking and Pastry
- The Art of Creating Wedding Cakes
- And more
As an outcome of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental cooking theory, food sanitation, menu design, and food costing
- Produce consistent bakery products in a timely fashion
- Perform basic cake decorating techniques
- Productively work as a team member in a kitchen environment
- Shop owner
- Cake decorator
- Bread baker
- Bakery or kitchen manager
- Ice cream maker
Contact Information for this program:
Send an Email.
(831) 477-3700 ext. 5675
6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos, CA 95003