Cabrillo College offers a 16-unit basic skill certificate in Catering for any students entering CAHM. If you dream of working for or starting your own catering company, this is the perfect certificate for you.
Catering requires the unique and complex skill of quantity cooking, which requires expanding a recipe and thinking in larger terms. Take what you know about the culinary arts and expand it into another realm. Learn how to professionally cater for any event, including weddings.
Courses & Outcomes
- Catering and Beverage Options
- Garde Manger
- And more
As an outcome of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate management skills with coworkers and customers
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental catering theory, sanitation practices, food costing, menu design, and customer relations
- Create and deliver banquet meals in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate hospitality industry professionalism
Learn more about the required classes here.
Contact Information for this program:
Send an Email.
(831) 477-3700 ext. 5675
6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos, CA 95003