Cabrillo College offers its own cooking program. Work with professors from all backgrounds who care about encouraging and inspiring students to keep searching for new and better ways to be a chef. Attend lectures and labs and get hands-on experiences by working in Cabrillo College’s own local restaurant, Pino Alto.
Cabrillo College offers this 16-unit basic skill certificate in Cooking for any students entering CAHM. This program will break down every part of working in the culinary arts and hospitality industry, including preparation, appetizers, and sanitation.
Lauren Linkemyer enjoyed hosting parties and making food, so she took a beginning culinary class at Cabrillo College. From there, she fell in love with the offered classes — especially those focused on catering. Today, she owns her own catering company. Find out more about Lauren’s story.
Courses & Outcomes
- Introduction to Entree Preparation and Service
- Introduction to Appetizers and Baking Preparation
- Introduction to Culinary Arts Lab
- Advanced Culinary Arts
As an outcome of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental cooking theory, sanitation practices, food costing, menu design, and customer relations
- Produce consistent quality restaurant lunch and dinner products in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate professionalism as required in the hospitality industry
- Food scientist
- Cruise ship staff
- Hotel staff
- Restaurant manager
Contact Information for this program:
Send an Email.
(831) 477-3700 ext. 5675
6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos, CA 95003