Food Services Management Program
Cabrillo College offers a 32-unit Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management Certificate of Achievement for any students entering CAHM. This is an opportunity to get hands-on experience and on-the-job confidence by going through the same processes as professional culinary and hospitality managers.
This program will set you on the right track as you build networking skills and lasting friendships amongst career-oriented peers and dedicated professors. Face both the challenges and the rewards of the restaurant business, all while developing a strong understanding of running a kitchen.
Josh Martin’s passion for food and cooking followed him since a young age. After taking server and dishwasher jobs for five years, he decided to apply to Cabrillo College’s Food Services Management training program. Today he works as the Executive Chef at UCSC. Find out more about Josh’s story.
Courses & Outcomes
- Introduction to Hospitality Management
- Purchasing and Food Cost Control
- Food Service Management
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Career Work Experience Education
- And more
As an outcome of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental food preparation theory, sanitation practices, menu design, management theory, and food costing
- Produce consistent quality restaurant lunch and dinner dishes, banquet meals, and bakery products in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate professionalism as required in the hospitality industry
- Cruise chef
- Event manager
- Wine tasting room manager
- Catering manager
Contact Information for this program:
Send an Email.
(831) 477-3700 ext. 5675
6500 Soquel Dr, Aptos, CA 95003