Xinachtli Journal—Journal X—aims to give voice to social justice issues. We accept short fiction, short memoir, poetry, short plays and screenplays, essays, art, or photography. We encourage experimental submissions, and welcome submissions from people from the Watsonville/Pajaro Valley area. Submissions in English, Spanish, Spanglish, or Mixtec are accepted.
Open to the Public!
Xinachtli: Nahuatl word that describes the moment a seed germinates
Poetry, Art, Photography
Journal X books available at various locations across Cabrillo College, including the Library, Welcome Center, STEM Center, HUB, Watsonville Center, and more!
Also available at Santa Cruz (main) Public Library, Capitola Public Library, and Watsonville (main) Public Library
Social Justice Literary/Arts Journal
SUBMIT TO JOURNAL X 2022!
- Send up to 3 submissions of unpublished literary work (RTF or word format), or
- Send up to 5 pieces of art/photography (300+ DPI)
- Submissions should not exceed 10 pages (2500 words)
- Include your name, address, phone, email, + a short bio (100 words or less)
- Priority Deadline: Dec. 15, 2021
- Final Deadline: Dec. 30, 2021
- social justice/inequities
- community activism
- incarceration/police violence
- feminist approaches
- lgbtq+ issues
- environmental racism
- race, class, gender, sexuality