Santa Cruz County Bank
Founded in 2004, Santa Cruz County Bank is a full-service bank that specializes in building long-term relationships with small- to mid-sized businesses to help meet their financial needs. As a community bank, we are motivated to help local businesses succeed. That is the beauty of working with Santa Cruz County Bank - local knowledge with the entrepreneurial spirit that inspired us to start up a new bank in the first place.
With assets exceeding $1 billion, Santa Cruz County Bank is well positioned to help businesses get off the ground or springboard to the next level. Our wide array of business accounts and services are designed to maximize efficiency for your business. When you cannot make it to the bank, Online Banking with Bill Pay, ACH & Wire transfer services, Mobile Banking with Mobile Deposit, Remote Deposit, Courier Service and Payment products bring the bank to you.
What especially sets Santa Cruz County Bank apart for startups in the Monterey Bay area is that we are one of only a handful of community banks in the country offering venture loans. Recognizing that traditional bank commercial and SBA lending does not always meet the needs of today’s entrepreneurs – especially in tech-enabled businesses – our venture lending group makes loans to early-stage companies that may not yet be cash-flow positive or are otherwise ineligible for SBA guarantees. Whether you need a bridge loan, growth loan, or working capital, Santa Cruz County Bank can help you hold on to more of your firm’s equity. Santa Cruz County Bank is Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. Find out more at www.sccountybank.com.
The SBDC Can Get You Started:
- Deciding – In person and online “First Step” courses help explore if opening a new business or buying an existing business or franchise is right for you.
- Moving Forward – SBDC consultants provide guidance on all aspects of your business launch, including your business plan, feasibility and financial analyses.
- Acquiring Capital – Receive referrals to investors and banks, review financial management practices, and discuss loan package preparation.
- Gaining Market Research – Utilize SBDC research tools to obtain market reports, financial models and industry meters to help launch your business.
- Targeting Your Market – Refine your industry analysis, identify your customer base and research your competitors.
- Certifying Your Business – Learn what opportunities are available to women, minority, or veteran-owned businesses along with certification requirements.
Growing a business involves multiple steps ranging from selecting a location, determining a marketing strategy, analyzing cash flow implications and obtaining financing. The Santa Cruz SBDC can assist you by conducting customized research for your business on a specific target geographic area or comparing market potential among different areas. This market research will not only be used to make better business decisions, it can also be used to demonstrate to a potential lender that your plans are reasonable as you seek financing. In addition, Santa Cruz SBDC staff can assist you in determining cash needs and developing your loan proposal and monthly financial projections.
Continuity and Survival
Starting a business is difficult work. But keeping it healthy and making sure it is sustainable in the long-term requires new ways of thinking. The Santa Cruz SBDC continuity and survival services available to small businesses include confidential consulting on topics such as:
- Creating, updating and refining business continuity plans
- Acquiring capital, before and after the event
- Using cloud-based alternatives for critical business operations, tools and infrastructure
- Developing mobile-ready strategies to prepare for employees working off-site when needed
- Expanding strategically through new markets online, abroad or with the government
- Finding ways to maintain connectivity during a business disruption
- Building an online presence including eCommerce to diversify sales streams
- Reviewing ways to optimize online performance through SEO and other website enhancements
- Discussing all available resources to your business including local, state and federal partners who provide disaster loans, disaster training and much more
The SBDC network has the experience and an excellent track record in responding across the state to help communities and businesses negatively impacted by external forces, such as natural disasters or economic dislocations.
The Santa Cruz SBDC offers free, individualized and confidential one-on-one advising for existing businesses and start-ups with the potential for job creation, revenue and profit growth, and new business development ideas which could stimulate economic development in Santa Cruz County and beyond.
Advising services are available by appointment to both existing and start-up business owners. It starts with a simple application. You tell us about your company and your needs and we give a truthful assessment of whether we think we can help. Then, we establish goals to work on (business loan, equity capital, etc.) and we work together to reach that goal. We will meet with you in-person, on the phone, over coffee – whatever works for your schedule. Think of it as having another confidential member on your team - someone who is specifically focused on the business goal you identified as most important - and at no cost to you.
Trainings and Workshops
The Santa Cruz SBDC conducts a wide variety of business seminars across Santa Cruz County on subjects including accessing capital, business planning, e-commerce and web marketing, human resource management, expansion and growth capital, legal and business issues and a variety of best practice programs designed to help small businesses use the best techniques possible to increase sales and profits.