Wellness Education Center
The Wellness Education Center is your on-campus fitness center
The Wellness Education Center (WEC) is a drop-in fitness lab for Cabrillo students. In order to use this innovative state-of-the-art facility, students must enroll in one of the following transferrable Kinesiology classes:
- KIN 20L-Aerobic Fitness
- KIN 22L-Strength Training
- KIN 23A-Fitness and Conditioning I
- KIN 23B-Fitness and Conditioning II
- KIN 23C Fitness and Conditioning III
- KIN 23D-Fitness and Conditioning IV
- KIN 24L-Lifetime Fitness
The section number in which you enroll is based on the hours you commit to working out each semester. Students log in and out each visit. The computer tracks your hours—once hours are completed, you will receive a PASS grade.
Cabrillo Kinesiology faculty staff the lab and are there as your "fitness tutors" or personal trainers who motivate you, answer questions, and make workout recommendations. The WEC faculty also offer free mini workshops on a variety of topics throughout the semester.
See our WEC handbook for policies governing the center.
FALL & SPRING HOURS
Monday - Thursday
6:30 am - 7:00 pm
6:30 am - 12:30 pm
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
The WEC is closed on Sunday and ALL school holidays
KIN 20L - Aerobic Fitness
KIN 22L - Strength Training
KIN 23A - Fitness and Conditioning I
KIN 23B - Fitness and Conditioning II
KIN 23C - Fitness and Conditioning III
KIN 23D - Fitness and Conditioning IV
KIN 24L - Lifetime Fitness
ENROLL IN A SECTION THAT REPRESENTS THE NUMBER OF HOURS YOU WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE WEC
- 0.5 unit for 27 required hours
- 1 unit for 54 required hours
- 1.5 units for 81 required hours
- 2 units for 104 required hours
A video Orientation is now available through Canvas in the "Pages" section.
HOW TO ENROLL
- If enrolled at Cabrillo in Summer or Fall 2019, go directly to WebAdvisor
- If not, first Apply for Admission.
Once you are issued a student ID you may log in to WebAdvisor and register.