Submit Your Transcripts To Get Ahead
Don’t take more classes than you need!
Submit your transcripts to Admissions & Records for evaluation and to request to clear prerequisites. Then, make an appointment with an Academic Counselor to develop your Education Plan and see how (and where) your completed courses will fit into your current plan.
- Both high school and college work can be evaluated. Limitations apply
- We'll evaluate courses to verify that you have met prerequisite and then clear the prerequisite allowing you to register for the courses you need
- Prerequisites for math and English will automatically be reviewed and cleared
- For all other disciplines, you will need specify the course you wish to have evaluated
- If your documentation does not meet the prerequisite, you will be notified that you will need to take the prerequisite course at Cabrillo
- If you believe you have the knowledge required to be successful you can challenge the prerequisite.
Integrate your completed course work into your current Education Plan
Steps to clear prerequisites
A prerequisite is a course or qualification that must be completed before you may register for:
- the next course in a sequence like English 1A for English 1B; or
- a course requiring some expertise in a related subject, like algebra for chemistry; or
- to enter a program, like Nursing or Dental Hygiene.
The Cabrillo equivalent of a minimum grade of "C" or "P" must be earned in the prerequisite course to satisfy the prerequisite. Clearing a prerequisite does not earn units toward your degree, it only allows your to register in the course with the pre-requisite. You will see this notated as an "EQ" in your Student Planning Timeline.
Unofficial is fine to get started. Official transcripts are required for transcript annotation and degree and GE certification. All official documents, including transcripts and test scores, must be sent directly from the originating institution.
Once we receive your documents, allow ten business (10) to process. In your request include: your name, Cabrillo Student ID# and the courses you want cleared.
Two (2) Ways to submit:
- Via email: email@example.com
- Via regular mail:
Cabrillo College, Admissions & Records
Welcome Center, SAC East
6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos CA 95003
If feel you have the skills and knowledge to meet a course prerequisite and you don't have a transcript because your background does not include learning in a traditional educational setting like high school, college or university, you may challenge the prerequisite. Start the process by filling out the Requisite Challenge eForm. On the form you will be asked at attach documentation of your skills and experience demonstrating that you have the required skills needed to complete coursework in the course with the prerequisite. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Letter from the you detailing your how and where your skills and knowledge were learned and obtained.
- Recent examples of the your work in this discipline that shows mastery of the skills and knowledge in question. For example, English course challenges should include recent essays.