The "Codes" TOP/CIP/ SOC/SAM
Code Alignment Project
What is the purpose of the project?
The Code Alignment Project is a faculty-led process for examining the reporting codes (TOP, CIP, SOC, and SAM) that have been assigned to CTE courses and program awards to ensure that they appropriately match the content of the curriculum.
Code Alignment Benefits:
- More aid for our students: Erroneous codes can jeopardize financial aid because it may appear students are enrolled in programs that don't exist.
- More money for Cabrillo: Correct coding of our courses and program can impact Perkins and Strong Workforce Program allocations.
- Taxonomy of Programs (TOP) - California award/course codes indicating subject area
- What do students learn in each course?
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) - Federal award/course codes
- What do students learn in your program?
- Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) - Federal codes indicating jobs programs target
- What jobs are you training students for?
- Student Accountability Model (SAM) Priority Code - California codes indicating whether courses are vocational and shows progress within a program/course
Project Information Contacts: