Health Insurance Requirements

All students with F-1 visas are required to have adequate health insurance while studying in the United States. Proof of comprehensive health insurance is mandatory while attending Cabrillo College. Students will need to submit proof of their insurance through this International Insurance Information Form so that we can keep it in the records; if we do not receive a proof of insurance by the end of the second week of the semester, students will have a registration hold placed on their records and they won't be able to process any registration activities until they show us their insurance proof.

Medical care in the United States is good but extremely expensive. Your plan must include the following requirements:

  • The minimum amount of coverage per injury or illness must be $300,000 or more

  • Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains must be included

  • Coverage must be for the full semester and any breaks where you will remain in the US

  • Doctors and hospitals in Santa Cruz county need to be included in the coverage

  • We recommend a deductible to not exceed $500 per injury or illness

Here are some companies that you may want to contact for insurance quotes:

Associated Insurance Plans
BETiNS: International Medical Group
HTH Worldwide
iNext International Insurance
International Student Insurance
International Student Protection (ISP)
ISO Insurance
Study USA - HealthCare

Student Medicover
VISIT International Health Insurance

Supplemental Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage

United Health Care Global Safe Trip
IMG Patriot Medical Insurance

Dental Insurance Services- optional
Smile Saver
Student Dental
Visitor Guard