International Students

Admission Information

Admission Requirements

The application process to Cabrillo College is simple!

Complete the Online Application and then send the required documents to us by mail in one single package. During the Covid-19 office closure, we are accepting documents via email at

Submit all documents to:

Cabrillo College

International Student Program

6500 Soquel Drive

Aptos, CA 95003


Application deadlines for international students:

  • Fall semester: July 1- suggested deadline is May 1

  • Spring semester: December 1- suggested deadline is November 1

Students who are accepted to Cabrillo College will be sent a form I-20, an acceptance letter and an information package within two weeks of submitting their online application and ALL the required application documents by mail.

Students in the US with status other than F-1 must make an appointment to see the International Student Advisor. Non-F1 visa holders are subject to different Immigration Regulations. Please email us at to schedule an appointment. If you hold any visa other than F, J, or B, you can apply directly to Cabrillo through Admissions and Records.

Visitors arriving for 90 days through the Visa Waiver Program are not eligible to study in the United States. If you plan to study, DO NOT enter with the 90 day visa waiver status. You will not be permitted to extend or change your status and you must leave the United States within 90 days.

  • Students must be at least 18 years old by the program start date.

Financial Information and Student Expenses

Applicants must provide verification of the availability of at least $25,056 for one academic year (9 months) of study.

  • *Tuition and Fees: $10,000

  • Books and Insurance: $2056 for two semesters

  • Housing/Personal/Food: $13,000 for two semesters (9 months)

*Tuition estimates are based on a minimum of 12 units per semester. Tuition and fees will increase if students enroll in more than 12 units.

The above expenses are an estimate only. Expenses will vary depending on the housing arrangements of each student and his/her personal expenses. Student athletes are often required to take more than 12 units to maintain eligibility to play their sport so that's something for international student athletes to consider as well. If a spouse or child will be joining you, you will need to provide verification of an additional $4000 per dependent.

For current semester per unit tuition costs, click here .

Tuition and living expenses for summer and winter classes are not included. Students should estimate an additional $4,000 for the summer session.

  • Cabrillo College is a state subsidized institution and cannot offer financial assistance to international students. International students are not eligible to establish California residency for the purposes of paying resident tuition. Students are required to pay international student tuition rates throughout the duration of study.

  • Tuition and fees are due and payable at the time of registration for classes. Fees may be paid with Visa, Master Card, cash, or local checks.

  • International students are not permitted to accept off campus employment without official USCIS authorization. Students may work on campus, but jobs are limited and certain restrictions apply.

Please contact the International Student Office for further information.

Application and Required Documents

You start by filling out this Google Form. This information will be used for creating your Cabrillo College record and issuing your I-20. Applicants must be at least 18 years old by the program start date.

This needs to be submitted via check or money order made out to Cabrillo College.

A copy of any certificate or diploma earned is also required if it is not listed on the transcript. Transcripts must be translated into English and may be sent as a scanned copy. To be eligible for transfer credit at Cabrillo College, college and university transcripts must be translated into English and evaluated by a transcript evaluation service. Transcript Evaluation is not required for admission to Cabrillo College. College credit cannot be given for any high school or non- accredited college level coursework.

TOEFL: score of 480 paper based or 54 internet based. Cabrillo's ETS code is 4084- you will need to provide this code during your TOEFL test for the results to be mailed to us. We accept both the regular and Home Edition versions of TOEFL.

IELTS: score of 5.5 or higher on the Academic IELTS Test

Duolingo: score of 85 or higher

You do not need to provide test results if English is your native language or if you completed at least two years of your high school education at a school where English was the primary language. Official transcripts will be required.

This proof must be in the form of an official affidavit of support, bank statement, or letter from a bank official. All bank statements must be in English and dated within the last six months. If the funds are in someone's name besides the student, then we must also have a letter of support (typed, dated and signed) stating that the person who owns the account is willing to use their funds to financially support the student during the school year. If your spouse and/or children will be accompanying you to the United States as F-2 dependents, you must submit the availability of an additional $4000 per spouse or child.

This form needs to be downloaded, filled out, signed, dated, and submitted with your final admissions package. Because our admissions application is an online form, we also need your signature on this page to verify you completed the application yourself. In addition, we need to make sure you agree with the financial requirements and that you will comply with demonstrating and paying the required tuition and fees. Please realize this form is not a substitute for your bank statement and letter of guarantee (if the bank statement is not in your name) but rather, it is a supplemental form we need in addition.

  • A copy of your passport ID page, I-94, I-20 and F-1 visa
  • Official transcripts (electronic transcript or paper copy in a sealed envelope) from all colleges and universities you have attended in the United States
  • You must currently be in valid F-1 status to be admitted to Cabrillo College as an F-1 student