Welcome to Welding Technology!
Are you an entrepreneur or inventor? Are you interested in creating a design and prototype of your idea?
For more than two decades the Welding program has served as an incubator for entrepreneurship, innovation, advanced manufacturing, design, fabrication, and rapid prototyping. Our state-of-the-art labs have been specifically designed to promote collaborative interaction and have long been considered one of the premiere co-working hubs in our region. We invite you to browse our website and please fill out an interest form to get more information on the particulars of our program including our in-house internship and job placement services!
Spring 2021 Open Courses
Learn welding skills that lead to fantastic careers or entrepreneurial opportunities.
Get hands-on experience with these great classes:
Stick Welding (W 150)
- Introduces basic arc welding skills with an emphasis on safety, oxy-acetylene cutting, shielded metal arc welding, and GMAW (MIG) welding techniques.
Classes offered in person only: Wednesdays 6pm-10pm or Thursdays 6pm-10pm | VIEW CLASS
TIG Welding (W 151)
- Presents basic training in the flat and out-of-position welding of steels, aluminum, and stainless steel with the GTAW process.
Classes offered in person only: Tuesdays 6pm-10pm or Wednesdays 1pm-5pm | VIEW CLASS
Ornamental Welding (W 155)
- Teaches traditional and modern metal-working techniques including gas forge work and CNC plasma cutting.
Classes offered in person only: Saturdays 9am-1pm | VIEW CLASS
Go from Cabrillo to Career with Welding.
Classes start January 25!
Interested students can receive a Basic Skills Certificate by completing just four courses. An Advanced Skills Certificate can be received by completing another five courses. These certificates can be obtained in only two semesters.
Students who complete the program can independently choose to pursue nationally and internationally recognized licensure exams/certificates.
Please know that we do not offer American Welding Society (AWS) testing, nor do we issue any certificates other than Cabrillo College Skills Certificates.
Students who want to take additional courses to enhance their knowledge are encouraged to select from the following: Etech 31, Etech 41, Etech 130.
Faculty return email and phone inquiries the same day.
Learn About Welding Technology At Cabrillo College
- Job opportunities for those with a Welding Certificate are excellent.
- Labor statistics for Santa Cruz County and statewide show continual demand for welders through 2024.
- The Welding Technology Program monitors labor statistics and the direction of employment market so that we can insure that our graduates are successful in the employment market. We have 100% placement in high paying jobs.
Read more about us
"This program has already helped me in my career. My employer loves the fact that I’m getting better at welding and fabrication. I find the classes challenging, very instructional, and the faculty is very knowledgeable."