Program Leader Training and Certification
ALIGHT provides faculty leader certification and training for educational organizations, corporations, and non-governmental organizations. Training is provided for both individuals and organizations. We use a standardized curriculum with high program standards and help develop strong successful partnerships.
Our training and certification goals are:
- Empowering schools of nursing to create ethical, evidence-based global service-learning programs for credit toward major.
- Standardization of global nursing programs along with training/certification for leaders.
- Promotion of evidence-based global nursing practice through measurement of outcomes on partner communities, students, and institutions.
Certification Options and Training Schedule
Program leaders first become certified by completing an on-line module. They then move progress to the on-site final training at either St. George's University or Cabrillo College.
On-site trainings will take place every January at St. George's University in Grenada and every June at Cabrillo College, Aptos, California.
There is a certification option for educators and one for service organizations.
Training Description: Pilot Program
Course One: Online Modules
- Self-Assessment and Goals
- Core Content Didactic
- Readings & Videos
- Website Review (CUGH, UN, WHO, ICN)
- Examination #1
Course Two: On-site
- Site Visits
- Group Work
- Examination #2