Computer Technology Center
CTC Lab Policies
To use the facility, you must act in accordance to these rules:
- Your account is for your private use.
- Cell phones should be turned to low and used only outside the facility.
- No illegal downloading or hacking (or anything else illegal).
- If you’re working in a group, you might be interested in our collaborative study areas.
- Headphones are available for checkout at the front desk. Most computers already have them.
- Save often: after 45 minutes of inactivity, your computer will shut down.
- The lab is really for Cabrillo students. If parents must bring a child in briefly due to an emergency, the child must be old enough to sit with the parent quietly. Disruptions may result in the parent being very politely be asked to come back another time.
Loss of Privilege to Use the Lab
- Copying licensed software or any files on the network that you don't have explicit permission to copy.
- Viewing pornography or hacking.
- Re-configuring the operating system of a computer not specifically designated for our operating systems class.
Your account will be immediately disabled for a violation of the conditions above.
Learn More ▼